1 hr gd test tomorrow

I wasnt told to fast but should I? Or should I eat before I go?

Comments

• If I could go back I wish someone would have told me to fast at least for a few hours before I ate breakfast and went I failed by 2 points! I had to go back for the three hour test and I skipped breakfast and passed with flying colors!
  • @kat1223 ah thank you for the advice! I'm so scared to fail
  • If you eat, it has to be no sugar or carbs or anything that will interfere with the test. Honestly, it's just best to not eat at all. It's hard, but the 3 hour test is even harder and if you can avoid it, by all means, sacrifice a meal now!
  • @LilSugarsMomma so do you suggest I fast as of right now or just no breakfast? My appt is at 8:30am
  • I ate before I went and they told me to come back another day and test. Im going in on the 18th. :-ss
  • You have to fast 2hours before the testing, which is messed up!
  • @AishaMusa they made you reschedule? Well its either I do it tomorrow or they wait two weeks for me to come back into town lol
  • You might as well fast for those 2hrs and get it over, specially if the place is outta town. :-D
  • What did u end up doing?
  • @kat1223 I decided to fast from midnight til now (11am) I just got home.from the test. They said they would call me if I failed so hopefully I don't hear from them
  • I was told not to fast, but to eat nothing but protein an hour before I went. I ended up having low blood sugar, and they ended up testing me again at 37 Weeks to just see what my levels we're at.
  • I didn't eat before I went, and passed, idk by how much I just know I didn't have to do the 3 hour one lol. I also wasn't allowed to eat or drink anything for that hour. But there were other girls taking the test and drinking tons of water but idk if they passed or not. I def did get a headache afterwards but I figured it was from all the sugary drink and nothing in my stomach. Hope you passed!
  • eat girl....lol
  • I'd hate to do the 3hr testing!!
  • I ate and passed with 100. Failing was 140
  • I failed :( i would just fast honestly bc if u eat before u go n drink that sugar drink they give u, ur sugar level will b really high. Good luck
  • @Mommytobe20. 12Hrs??? Where did you go?
  • I ate and passed with 106. Have you found put the results yet?
    @mommytobe20 I agree with aisha where did you go?! I was told not to fast for the 1 hr. If I would have had to do the 3 hr then to fast!
  • @everyone well I believe I passed. She said she would call me yestesday if I failed and I didnt get anything so hopefully she doesnt call Monday lol :)
  • I passed mine I was terrified on having to do the 3hr test. The Doc told me not to long after they drew blood from me. Sorry I know this is a late response, glad you passed too! =D>