eczema help please !!

edited April 2012 in Babies
My 22 month old has had eczema since jus was little her dad has it horribly but now its getting bad like its takin over lol ! It's down her legs arms back feet stomach butt back around an under her neck in help scalp an went to her eyelids an now spread around both eyes an mouth she digs at her skin till she bleeds an gets sores I use aveeno aquaphor a cream her pediatrician gave me an nuthn helps any more any advice please !? I don't go bak to Dr till the wks of the month . A pic of it around her eyes :'(

http://i1182.photobucket.com/albums/x441/ashleyjackson87/IMAG3441.jpg

Comments

• Story for all the typos stupid phone
  • Sorry ugh !
  • Have you tried the aveeno baby eczema products? My son's was the same.
  • Awww poor bebe! My daughter has it too, but its been easily managed by the Aveeno eczema cream. I have a cousin who had it very severely like that as a baby, I'll ask my aunt what they used to help. If I remember correctly thoUgh, nothing ever REALLY helped. :(
  • @captivated o yes that an the cream from the Dr they worked for awhile now its like u don't evn put anything on there its jus spreading to more parts of her body that its never been before she stays red an scaly an jus scratches till she bleeds

@LilSugarsMomma yea I jus Dk Wat to try now it only works for so long then its like shes immune to it or sumthn !
  • @Mom2IMG its def worth a try thanx
  • Yea these phones suck ! Lol I'm getn out tomorrow ill check it out or pretty soon its gona take over lol !
  • Might b worth a visit to a dermatologist. When my oldest was little she needed a perscription cream that cleared it up right away. Nothing over the counter worked.
  • Nobody listens to my suggestions probably because its alot of work. But at night before bed coat your lo in vaseline and wrap with gauze. My nephews arms and legs are scared beyond belief from him gauging out his skin due to the eczema. The vaseline with gauze works.
  • @mommtof3girls yea the cream her pediatrician gave her its prescription only an it doesn't work anymore so I'm gonna ask him Wat else we can do she scratches till she gets claw marks an I try to get her to stop an she jus crys till I let her scratch again very frustrateing
  • Oooh poor baby. Well, i hope u find something that will work soon.
  • @Steph_due_101611 her bein so little I'm not sure she wuld sleep like that but it is worth a try especially if her pedi doesn't so anything
  • My sis had to do it to my nephew when he was a year old. Don't wrap it tight but put pjs over it.
  • @Steph_Due_101611 thank u I'm open to any suggestions
  • Also the whole diet thing, dairy makes it worse i hear. They switched my nephew to soy milk and it helped too.
  • @Mom2ING o yea I don't bathe daily becuz of that didn't no it wuld help she doesnt evn have flare ups its a every day thing for her its so frustrateing cuz its jus won't go away I thought most babies grow out of it ! An my 6 month old has dry patches on her arms an knees so its prolly sneakin up on her to ugh
  • @Steph_due_101611 o really cuz she drinks a lot of milk !
  • How many times does ur daughter bathe? No more then one bath a day...my daughter broke out when she was 4 and I had to use dove sensitive body wash/ soap and lubriderm fragrance free and she's been eczema free since. I switched to regular dove now since its gone but still having her use lubriderm. Also the doctor said not to use a scrubber hands is good enough lol something about the scrubber drying out the skin more
  • Btw she looks so cute! Lol
  • There was a lotiOn/moisturizer called nuetrogena Norwegian formula which my daughters pedi recommended and I loved it, it worked good but I can't find it in stores anymore
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @RileyAndMe the aquaphor did nuthn for her at all an I was excited about buying it cuz I heard it was awesome but not for her lol
  • @myHEARTZx3 @Mom2ING I bathe every other day becuz of it but I guess I need to be doin it daily I thought daily wuld be worse but guess not lol !
    my pedi recommended dove so I may try that to her daddy can't control his either they give him 1lb tubs of ointment
    O an @myHEARTZx3 thank you I wish it didn't look like she had bein crying for hours lol !
  • @RileyAndMe thank u an me to its never ending so frustrateing i cuss her dad out everyday for it lol ( my pedi sed he's the reason she has it lol )
  • @RileyAndMe I'd give anything for it to clear up ! U think its not really nuthn until it gets outa control then its like Omg Wtf is goin on lol