Sleep help please losing my mind so tired

edited April 2012 in Sleep
Hello, my boy is nearly 6 months, still wakes at least three times in the night for a feed he is breastfed and will not take a bottle! Its getting silly now he goes to sleep in his crip for a few hours then rest of the night he will only go in there for like an hour so ends up in with me, only way I can get sleep and I feel so ill from no sleep I need to get him sleeping longer. Any tips very welcome as I am mearly fainting from exhaustion! Thanks.

Comments

• All i can say is i now how you feel!! my baby is 13 months now and still gets up 3 times a night! its is so hard and im 31weeks pregnant now so i have a hard time sleeping anyways!! if you get any ideas please tag me too. I hope we both get more sleep!!
  • @megaroo I am so sorry for you but alsp so glad to hear that cos everyone I talk to at goups just brag about their perfectbabies sleeping through the night and I am beggining to think I am doing something wrong. Cant imagine being pregnant too, u are my hero!
  • Lol thank you. Im sure there are alot of babys that dont sleep through the night, they just dont want to say anything! Its very hard to deal with, but i just try to stay positive and say she will grow out of it !
  • My son is also 6 months and used to sleep threw the night up till he almost turned 4 months and now he's up a lot. I hope he goes back to his before sleep patterns. Am sorry am no help
  • I hv the same problem w my 12month old who bfs.. still wakes up 3xs a night to nurse and snuggle in mommas bed.. I hv no idea how to break the habit :/
  • My son slept thru the night since he was 2 months old. Then around 6 months he started waking up a couple times a night so i started giving him rice cereal mixed with some kind of fruit or veg right before bed. And he's back to sleeping all night! Not sure if it will help you but maybe it's worth a try. Btw i ebf also. I don't think he was getting enough to fill him up so my mom suggested i try that and it worked!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • agree^ my daughter was great sleeper then couple weeks ago was waking up 3x night to eat do I had to get her back on her routine now are sleeps 12 hrs sometimes13. Every once in awhile she will wake up at like 6am BC agree is super hungry so I give her a bottle and back to bed she goes.
  • No advice here, but my bf didn't sleep through the night till 2! So each baby is different!
  • I just sleep with my baby but does seem to be bf babies :( proberly coz it goes through them so fast. Sorry Im no help :(
  • Same here just started sleeping with my baby. When he does wake up he takes the breast for 10 minutes tops and we both go back to sleep.