baby really not eating:(

edited April 2012 in Formula Feeding
Logan is 17 days old today and only eating about an ounce at each feeding. I am gonna ask on Thu at his Dr appt what the Dr thinks but I don't feel that is enough for him. He doesn't cry or anything but it doesn't seem like alot. Does anyone know how much he should be eating at 2 weeks?

Comments

• He should be eating 1-2oz, as long as he has plenty of wet/dirty diapers then I wouldn't worry much about it. And if he isn't crying after eating he must be filling himself up.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @Mom2ING about every 4 hours, that's what the hospital told me. Even at The 4 hours (sometimes I do 3 hours) I feel like I'm having to make him eat.
    @EricaK22 ok so 1 to 2 ounces is ok? Yeh he isn't crying and doesn't seem like he is hungry after.
  • My son was eating about 1oz every 3 hours they told me to give him 2 oz but he didn't want it and he was having breast milk at the time
  • @angie87 Yeh they told me in the hospital to do 2 but he isn't taking it. They were like he has to, I tried everything...I usually change him to kinda wake him up but nothing works. He wakes for a few min then falls asleep again and won't eat. Its hard bc I know he needs to have it but I don't know how to get him to eat:(
    @Mom2ING Yeh, that's why I'm hoping my Dr can tell me what I can do or if he has any suggestions.
  • My daughter was like that. Id have to wake her for feedings. Seems normal to me. Also don't forget their stomachs are very small at that age. I can't tell you how much she was eating at the time cuz i breastfeed