Baby gas...?

edited April 2012 in Formula Feeding
Jack is 5 1/2 months old and he wakes up between 1-4am grunting real bad and pulling his knees up to his chest. Is that a sign of gas? Every now and then he will fart big then be fine but most of the time it takes me forever to get him back to sleep. I've tried gas drops and they only calm him down for about 10 mins then I'm up again. What can i do before bed to prevent this and what can i do when he wakes up?

Comments

• I do put his knees up and go side to side. most of the time nothing happens. He rarely burps. i can pat his back for 20 mins. I'm free all next week!
  • I'm actually going through the EXACT same thing. Hmmm.....I've been putting the gas drops in his last bottle to help prevent, but hes still doing it?
  • My baby does the same exact thing gripe water helps her more then gas drops
  • @Mrz_Jackson thanks. I'll get some gripe water and try it. do i give it to him before bed or wait til he wakes up?
  • U can do it both times I wuld do it before bed but if he wakes up u can give him more it puts my baby rite bak to sleep I really hope it works for ur little one
  • When that happened to my daugther when she was 2 weeks old i would give her 2 ounces of chamomile tea with a table spoon of karo syrup every morning before her first feeding and she hasnt had anymore problems since then.. no constipation and especially no gas.. u should try it..
  • If you bottle feed what bottles do you use? The playtex drop in help a lot with my son and also Gripe water. Gas drops never helped him. I would also give him chamomile tea at. He had really bad gas isssues
  • @angie87 he uses nuk bottles
  • We bought this belly thing that raps around her stomach it really helps and just calms her down in general. I love it :). It's a natural stuff thats inside and u put it in the microwave for like 15 seconds it smells nice gets little warm to the touch. And u put it around their tummy.
  • @angie87 I found some chamomile tea. How do I give it to him?