Any mommas have babies (or know anyone) with Coloboma, or have "special eyes"?

edited April 2012 in Babies Health
My daughter was diagnosed with Bilateral Coloboma at 6 weeks. I'm curious to see if anybody has a LO, or loved one, with this defect. Or, if any other babies here have "special eyes". :)

Comments

• Never heard of it sorry.
  • Bump ;;) Sorry.
  • What is it?
  • I went to school with a girl who had unilateral coloboma. Facinating. Does the drs think its affecting her vision at all?
  • @LilSugarsMomma You know my baby has special eyes :)
    And she has another surgery today at 11 %%-
  • @breewashington08 Actually, her opthamologist says her vision is great! so far, it's more less cosmetic, but could lead to issues down the road because one eye has a slightly detached retina. She may need surgery as a preteen, but she continues to see him every couple of months to make sure things stay the same.

@wyattsmommy Yes, she's alright for now. Hopefully it doesn't affect her later on in life, but it's a possibility. We go to regular opthamologist appointments to follow it.

@lolasbabynum1 Yes, I aware of her eyes. Good luck on the surgery! We have an appointment for her eyes today, we're sitting and waiting for them to call us back as I type. Must be a common days for special eyes. ;)
  • Her pupils are shaped like a teardrop as opposed to a circle. I need to post a pic, they are unlike anything i've, and most people, have ever seen...it's like she has cat eyes!
  • interesting!