My baby has enter this world...with a statement!

edited April 2012 in Birth Stories
So on Thursday 12th I got checked and was 3 cm dilated. I had pressure & over the days it was getting increasingly worse. On the 16th I had major back pain so I went to the hospital ay 8 am. I was having contractions every 4 mins but not strong. The kept m 9 hours where I dilated to almost 4.5 cms 70% effaced and baby's head engaged. My water bag at this point was bulging. They sent me home & told me to come back if the contractions got stronger or my water broke or my pressure worsen.
On the 17th I woke up in extreme pain & ended up back at the hospital at 3 am. My contractions had slowed but I was at a 5 soild and baby's head dropped more. They released me and said the contractions would pick up & they'd see me in the next 24 hours. My doc was sure of at.
April 17 at 8 pm my contractions where strong and close together. I went in and was 75% effaced and 6 cm baby's head even lower and they admitted me knowing I would have a baby within hours. I was in a room by 9, by 9:30 I got a half does of epi. They wanted to give me pitosin (spl?) I refused. The on call doc (my second choice for delivery) agreed buy side if I hadn't progressed in an hour I would have to get some. That was at 10pm, but 10:30 I was at a 7. So they let me labor. It was nice, I could move my legs on my own and feel baby move and my belly harden, but pain. At around midnight, they took out my cath, I hated that thing, babies head was sooooo low I felt discomfort with every contraction cause of it. I was at 9.5 cm.
At 12:20 am I started pushing. I felt the pressure but no pain. When I wasn't pushing I was talking and enjoying labor. They had told me that being my third, she would come pretty fast...well that would have been true if baby wasn't sunny side up. I had to get babies head passed my pelvic bone twice. Baby started crowning and man that HURT! They had to cut me cause of her being sunny side and than she was trying to lean back so the doc had to put his hand in a way that lifted babies head. At this point I yelled at them that I couldn't do it and I quit. I had two people on each of my legs cause my body was trying to straighten them from the pain. I shifted to my left hip and a few more pushes baby was out. (I didn't quit.)
I felt it all, head, neck shoulders...every curve, the cord and placenta. It was so strange, but cool.
Oh and baby is a GIRL! Yes, I now have a daughter. What a nice surprise. She was born April 18th at 1:05 am. 40 mins of pushing. 6lb 10.5oz and 18.5 inches. Ember Denae is her name. She is perfect, we had a slight sucking problem but she is now doing that awesomely! Sorry it's soooo long but that is how my daughter enter in this world. Trying to see all that was going on. :]

@Heather3rdgirl @misskristin @tinka1326

Comments