child dressing different

Comments

• edited April 2012
    And I know I'm putting myself in the line of fire by saying that, but just think about it.
  • Right that's my point. If my son is trying to make a scene then that's wrong, but if he is doing it for him then that's ok. @starrxoxo9

Sometimes people feel the need to make fun of things that make them question themselves, or make them feel uncomfortable. Just because something (ie a boy wearing a dress) makes one feel uncomfortable doesn't mean that it's wrong. People have to defend their choices because others are judgemental and condescending. When in reality people just need to worry a little more about themselves and a little less about if my son wants to wear a dress.
  • @ashley_smashley Well we will just agree to disagree, because that's not what I meant lol. But it's ok! :)
  • Hmmm I guess I read it wrong then
  • @starrxoxo9, I understand what you meant!
  • @starrxoxo- I understood u too:)
  • I get it now..

But what I said in my second paragraph I still stand behind.
  • IMO dresses are for girls!!! And people need to get their heads out the clouds yea yea yea shame on the people who judge AND WTF DOES THAT SOLVE ain't s*** going to change!! My brother life is over why b/c he wanted to wear a dress! People kill me acting like everything is going to be roses and butterflies and rainbows its not! Instead of letting your children do everything they little hearts desire try teaching them something about the real world!!! Make sure they understand the consequences of their choices, make sure they can act responsibly with their choices, Just because something feels good to us doesn't make right! Sorry for the vent but ppl act like its just an issue of letting them wear the girl clothes its NOT!!!
  • No i am teaching them to be their selves in a world that is going to shit. I will teach my son/ daughter to not care what others think. Your brother is not dead bc be chose to wear a dress... He is dead bc some person couldn't handle themselves and was insane.
  • Don't blame your brother for someone else's actions.
  • And another thing! I don't live with my head in the clouds. I see that his world is going down hill and I am trying to do my part to make a more tolerant world for the future generations. To me that means raising a son who is tolerant of others differences. I wish more people would try that instead of just throwing up their hands and saying 'oh well I can't change it! So I will just go with the flow!' That's JMO tho! And we all have different opinions don't we?
  • You can be tolerant without conforming to what's "in".
  • Oh and I don't mean you specifically @ashley_smashley. I just think some people are afraid to go against the grain and they just follow every trend.
  • These days being traditional is abnormal lol.
  • @starrxoxo9 do you think going against the grain is a trend right now and will die out? I know you dont mean me specifically I am actually enjoying this convo. :) I dont think there is anything wrong with being traditional. My problem is when people have a problem with people who are not traditional..and those people wont open their mind wide enough to say that its ok that said person is different (even if its my son/daughter).
  • @ashley_smashley well when I say going against the grain, I'm actually referring to the people who are against gays, cross dressing and all that stuff. It seems it's more unpopular to not participate in that lifestyle. It's like, everyone is so quick to say "Oh I'm super cool and ok with all that stuff" and they try so hard to prove that they're NOT judgmental, but in reality are judging people who don't agree with all that. So it's not right. Neither extreme is ok. You don't have to agree with someone, but you shouldn't hate them.
  • @starrxoxo9 I can totally see how that could happen! That makes total sense!
  • @Ashley_smashly first off I didn't say he was dead!!! And I don't blame my brother for shit he chose to do what made him happy its complicated i dont want to just put his business out its just hard to see someone you love go through so much hurt he didn't have a chance imo! I'm not trying to make my child out a lab rat and I'm not trying to make my child a clone he will be himself but he will be smart about it!! And I'm not knocking you for your choice you and whoever else can buy your boys all the dresses in the malls it don't make me any differences!
  • I would not allow my children to wear clothes for the opposite sex. There is a reason they have clothes for boys and clothes for girls. If my son wants to dress like a girl when he is grown and living on his own more power to him but i won't allow that kind of thing in my house.
  • @hot2cold87 I apologize I miss read your post. I respect your opinion and didn't mean to offend you.
  • When they buy their own clothes is their choice what they wear, I won't say anything about it as long as they know the consequences that come with dressing like the opposite gender.
  • @Ashley_smashley no problems girl knock on wood plz lol
  • Well ladies the reason I asked this question is because my son, who is in 3rd grade, has a girl classmate who has dressed in all boy clothes for the past two years. She also has a short hair cut. When I pick my son up from school, I wonder how it came up that her parents started buying her boy clothes and at what age they started letting her dress that way
  • This just reminded me of that news story that came out a while ago, about the parents who refused to tell anyone the gender of their child.

F*cking psychos.
  • Yes, they are stupid! Why did it have to be a big news story? I personally don't give a s**t if they had a boy or girl
    @captivated
  • @captivated i was just talking w my husband about those people the other day. Talk about confusing ur child. Sheesh!
  • @mommyfor3, because they likely screwed that poor child up for life! :-(