falling off the bed! :(

edited April 2012 in Babies
My 5 month rolled off my bed about 20 mins ago :( its about 2 feet drop and my floor is carpeted with the thick padding. He's acting ok he cried for about 45 seconds after and he's acting normal. Just cuddling with me and smiling and playing with his bink and grabbing for my face and my phone. Should I take him to urgent care just so they can check him?

Comments

• I had the same thing but from coach my floor is tial I was concerned to but I just watched him didn't let him go to sleep I still think about it like guilty I never took him in. Then I thought he's a baby he's gonna fall I'm I supposed to take him n every time so idk
  • Lets c wat the ladies say c if I was wrong
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • No need to take him in :) babies are resilient.
  • Last night my lo fell from her high chair onto the hard kitchen floor. I took her to the er just to be safe but she's fine. They just said to watch for abnormal behavior.
  • Mine has fallen off our bed and we have a 3 foot tall bed. I think it scares them more than anything and they're fine right after. As long as they didn't hit their head on hard furniture on the way down I don't see a cause for worry. Babies are pretty tough little people
  • I wouldn't worry, it probably scared him more than anything. :)
  • On Easter Sunday my 6 month old fell off of my bed onto hardwood floor. She screamed for about 2 minutes then she was okay. From the way she was laying I think she hit feet then butt then head. She never got a knot. Just make sure to check him every so often for a knot on his head. I was told if the knot goes IN instead of poking OUT to have her checked. Unless that happens, he's probably fine. My pediatrician told me she let her kids fall off the bed 3 times!
  • He's ok everyone thankyou all for your comments and support! He's was super happy all day!