Schedules

edited April 2012 in Solid Foods
What kind of feeding schedule did you do when your LO started having foods?
Also what jar foods did you start with? We did carrots last night and she wouldn't eat her cereal this morning so I added a teaspoon of applesauce and she loved it.

I had her on a bottle schedule but now that I am adding cereal and veggies I am having trouble getting her use to it. I wanted to give her cereal before her bottle and same with veggies but she gets to upset and wants her bottle instead. So I give her the bottle and then she has to wait to eat because of the reflux (If she sits straight up it is to much on her belly and she gets sick). So she is eating like almost 2 hours after a bottle and then at 3 hours after a bottle she wants another bottle so I just feel like she is eating all freaking day lol.

Comments

• I started my daughter with just a morning feeding off fruit, cereal, or veggies then after about a month I started twice a day feedings she gets fruit and/or oatmeal for breakfast and a veggie for dinner. And now she gets yogurt mid day (doctors suggestion cause she had a virus and she said it helps rethickin her poops)
  • The doc told me that I should work with her on cereal for a week or so and once she got the hang of eating that I could do breakfast and then veggie at dinner. im just having trouble getting her use to it.
  • Have you tried her on oatmeal I know alot of babies that didn't like cereal cause it doesn't have much flavor. Or do like you said and put a little apple sauce or other fruit in with it. I'm sorry I'm not much help my daughter took to it immediately and now can't get enough
  • Well makenzie already gets rice in the bottle because it helps keep her bottle down due to the reflux. I have not tried the oatmeal maybe I will. Im going to wait a week of these foods though so I can tell which food it was if she has a reaction. I tired the rice and it tastes like nothing lol
  • Savanah has cereal in her bottles too sometimes and likes it that way but off a spoon she wasn't a fan she spit most of it out lol. She liked oatmeal better then cereal, but she definitely like fruits best out of everything she's had oh and sweet potatoes she loves them!