(tmi) bad smelling urine??

edited April 2012 in Pregnant
About a month ago I started to notice a sort of chemical smell every time I went to the bathroom. After about two weeks I thought it had gone, but this week it seems to be back and worse. My bd went in the bathroom after I had gone (and flushed the toilet) and could still smell my pee! It no longer smells like a chemical....it just smells horrible...bad enough to then your stomach. I'm not having pains and it doesn't burn at all to go. What could cause it? Or any ideas on how to solve the problem? Sorry for tmi

Comments

• Did you eat asparagus? That makes pee stink so bad!
  • Here is a bump for you
  • No lol no asparagus
  • eating a lot of protine can cause urine to smell more like ammonia (chemical smell) other wise uti with out the pain maybe?
  • I've never had a uti...would I need meds?
  • Dehydration will cause your urine to smell terrible. Your urine should be very light yellow or clear. If it's not, you're not drinking enough water.
  • Yes, you need meds for a UTI @tinksmommy. Untreated, they can turn into kidney infections and kidney failure (very rare to get to that point). Antibiotics is the treatment, but if you had a UTI, you would likely know.
  • @captivated I thought dehydration at first and drank a ton of gatorade for two days and it didnt change.
    Then a few days later it seemed to subside but I'm not sure if I just got use to the smell until it got worse? And its light yellow.

I lost my insurance and don't want to go to the Dr. Unless its necessary. I don't want to pay 100 dollars for a visit for her to tell me its nothing lol
  • Cranberry supplements r good for ur urinary track.
  • Looks like I'm drinking gallon of water tonight and buying Canberra supplements in the morning. Thanks everyone!