placenta encapsulation

Saw this and thought i'd share. Not sure i could handle doing this myself but i would gladly pay someone to encapsulate the placenta for me. Really wish i would have known about this when i had my girls. Ive learned so much from u ladies. ;) just thought it was interesting since its been talked about on here many times.

WARNING there are pictures that might disturb some people.

http://www.cafemom.com/journals/read/1577334/Placenta_Encapsulation_Instructions_w_Pictures

Comments

• edited April 2012
    Thank you i just read this on my own and was going to post about it. Great minds think alike :) My Lo is 3 weeks today I didn't know anything about any of this, my doctor asked me if I wanted to keep it, of course I said no but only due to not knowing. I said to my bf what in the world would I do with it, so sad I didn't know :(
  • I was going to do it, my doula had a place to send it but it would have cost me 300.
    If you're using a midwife ask if they know. It might be cheaper for you. Some midwifes are even trained to do it themselves.
  • Some superstar does it I can't remember who but it was on like entertainment tonight
  • I'm doing this after I give birth in September. Going to do it myself. My birthing center even does it for $150
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @EricaK22 r u giving birth at a hospital, birthing center or home birth? Im just curious about how u would bring it home if u gave birth at a hospital???
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @Homebirthadvocate thank u for answering my question. Makes sense. Its interesting. Just wish i knew all this stuff b4. Glad i know now... Now i just need the whole getting pregnant thing. ;)
  • I'm doing a water birth at a birthing center. You can print a form off online...I will find it for you and post it after I find it again, but it's for religious purposes and the hospital will give you your placenta..just depends if they have a strict policy for it.
  • There's a place here in Arizona that will do it for $200 but I'm sure my husband would think I was off my rocker if I did it. I find it interesting though. I know animals eat their placenta for nutrional value so I don't see why we cant take a pill form of ours
  • @kayleigh27 i showed this to my husband the other day and thought it was the most discusting thing EVER. Whatever, i dont really care if he thinks its gross. ;) once we finally get preg again i think this time im gonna do it.
  • I was thinking of doing it since I had such terrible ppd with my daughter last year @mommyof3girls
  • What method are yall gonna use ??