witch's milk

edited April 2012 in Ages & Stages
My son has this...both sons actually had it. Logan got it about a week after released from the hospital. There isn't much online about it and I was wondering if anyone knows how long it lasts. My two year old had it but he had it earlier while in the hospital and it lasted about two weeks but Logan didn't start til a week after the hospital. Logan is 24 days old today. Anyone else's baby have it?

Comments

• Josh had this. lasted about a fortnight i believe.( it was a long time ago!) Nothing to worry about though, its just a crossover of the hormones from your body. xx
  • Hmm.. what is it???
  • ??? I've never heard of it.... is it really bad?
  • Ok thx @JoshnEviesmum his has been about a week and a half now...my two year old had it but I totally forgot it happens and freaked out with the baby bc I felt the lumps.
    @0811 its lumps on the breasts, boys and girls. It's milk, if you press lightly on them milk comes out and the breasts are hard with a limp. It's normal but it seems,like my baby its lasting pretty long. I just want ed opinions from other people as to how long it lasted with their little ones.
  • @My2boys its not bad but it can freak you put bc the lumps are under the breasts and they are hard. And milk comes out. It's just from hormones passed from mom to baby and usually goes away. It happens in boys and girls but with boys alot of people freak out bc they don't know what it is. My friend watched all the kids Sat night so we could go to eat for my bday and I forgot to tell her about it. She asked when we got home bc she said the milk was dripping and she was kinda freaking out...lol. I told her it was fine and explained what it is.
  • Well that is good that it is nothing dangerous and hopefully not painful for the little one.
  • @My2Boys I don't think its painful, there isn't much about it online at all but it does have a medical term. But nowhere is it mentioned if its painful. Cuz I know after giving birth my breasts hurt alot:( Galactorrhea is the medical term for It.
  • Oh ok, yea my dd has that.. her dr said she would have it as long as i was bf her??? I didnt know that was what it was called.
    thank u
  • @0811 sure np, it does sound crazy I never would have known what it was if my two year didn't get it...and the non medical term is kinda weird sounding lol:)