son not wanting to drink all his formula

edited April 2012 in Formula Feeding
So my son has not been drinking all his formula. He eats 5-6oz every 4-5 hours lately only eating about 4oz and thats even a struggle. He will be 7 months on the 29. Is this normal?

Comments

• He might be teething, it's normal, he will pick back up soon.
  • I agree with above...are you feeding him solids? Because he might be getting full with the food and not needing as much formula
  • My daughter has times where she does the same thing she's almost 6 months
  • My son does the same, and he's 9 1/2 months. Could be teething, or he just doesn't have a big appetite lately.
  • My daughter is 6 mos an iv worried myself silly counting oz lol. She has been eating a little more food. My dr said to try for 24oz in a 24 hr period but it varies from day to day.
  • Rion is the same way, but he just got teeth so I think it just feels wierd in his mouth! the rubbing I guess, plus he is more nosey and just wants to see everything eles thats going on (the dogs, what my husbands doing ect...) I think 24 oz is the minimum required! Also could depend on how much solids hes getting!
  • Mine is almost 7 months and is the same way. He is getting his front bottom teeth and also eating solids, so I figured thats why he isn't drinking as much.
  • My lo is 6.5months. Its fight to even get 3-4oz in her at a time. Sometimes in the morning if im lucky i can get 5oz in her then another 4oz 3hrs later. She's eating baby food but not really eating that too much either. She had 21oz today.
  • might be teething my lils guys 7 months and teething and sometimes he wont drink all his formula
  • AJ started that he was simply comfortable the way I was holding him. After a day i tried his high chair and he chugged the bottle down.