HOW CAN I KEEP MY 2YEAR OLD IN HER BED??

edited April 2012 in Parenting
I put her in her bed when she falls asleep @ 9pm and then at 2am she comes to my bed..

Comments

• HELP PLEASE!!! its very hard being pregnant and sharing a bed with a toddler
  • Bump. Sorry love, I only have one kid. I would suggest taking her back each time. And sticking to it. One slip of letting her come in, and she knows that eventually she can break you down. Good luck love!!
  • I agree w @natashalynn keep putting her back in bed.
  • @natashalynn @mommyof3girls I keeping putting her back but a 4am I stop because I'm so tire I have to get up at 6am..this been happening since February she got sick really bad so I use to let her sleep with me and now she won't go back :(
  • Does she nap during the day? If she does, maybe try to skip her nap an see if she'll sleep thru the night...?
  • Can your spouse put her back for you so you don't have to get up?
  • @mommyof3girls I could cut her nap or keep it short @starrxoxo9 sometime he does it but he up earlier then me he's up at 4am
  • @bettymomma LOL I was on her website yesterday..I guess I have no choice but to be consistent with her I hope it ends soon
  • Oh that's tough. Yea I've always heard that you just gotta keep at it. I can imagine how exhausted you are being preggo, but once you have a newborn you'll definitely need her to stay in her bed. Hopefully she gets the hint!!! Good luck :)
  • @starrxoxo9 yes its very exhausting..I hope she gets the hint real soon I only have 4more months to go
  • Put a baby gate up in front of her door! It worked for me when mine was little.
  • @BigBelly that's a great idea did she cry
  • If she has her own room you can put up an extra tall baby gate that screws into the doorway. My bro had to do this with his 2yr old and it worked wonders. He'd get up and couldn't get out and went back to bed.
  • Lol @bigbelly i read yours after i posted.
  • No. She would either play with her toys or get back in bed. Sometimes she would stand at the door and yell at me lol but once she figured out i was ignoring her she would she would do her own thing! I would find her asleep everywhere. Her closet, under the bed, and once in her toy box! lol She learned to stay in there after about 2 weeks and we took the gate down.
  • @steph_Due101611 yes she has her own room @BigBelly LOL...I'm going to try the gate
  • Its best to get one that screws in because the other ones can be pushed/pulled down with the right force.