potty train/tot bed? when?

edited April 2012 in Ages & Stages
When do you do these things?

Comments

• The toddler bed I would say around 18 months. As for the potty training, I would just wait until he or she exhibits signs to want to try. each child is different, so it's hard to say. For my son, we tried at 18 months, and he wasn't having it. We tried at 2 years, still nothing. But about 2 months before his 3rd birthday, he just got up one night, started taking off his clothes, walked into the bathroom, and we never looked back! Never an accident, trouble, nothing. I'm a firm believer in starting when they're ready, that way, minimal accidents and they are very encouraged and eager.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • My pedi did say no potty training before 18mo. We let our lo lead the way on most things tho. Pedi wanted no bottle by 1yr. Well i totally ignored that. At 15mo she gave up her bottle on her own. Potty training went the same. One day she did not want me to put the fresh diaper on after a change. She was 21mo. Went awesome for awhile, had a ton of accidents for a week or two and now are right back to almost no accidents. Her biggest problem is she doesnt wanna stop playing to come inside and go. We still do a diaper at night bc she just turned 2 and we just recently transitioned our littler one into the crib in their room at the same time. Her diaper is either dry or has a single pee in it so we are close on that too.
  • Ok. We already dont have a bottle anymore. Everyone said it was to early but hes doing fine even at night. So hopfully we will want to pottytrain early too. Hes almist 10 months now
  • Everyone in my moms family including my sister and I, were potty trained by 13 months. I plan on having my daughter trained around then as well.

People may jump on me saying that's too early, but to each their own. I don't want her to be running around in diapers for years. Plus, I can say personally that it wasn't traumatic. Lol
  • aand bottle, I'm hoping to be done by around a year as well. she already does well with drinking with a straw, she just doesn't like her formula in there. when I switch to milk, it'll be only in her cup.
  • @natashalynn im gonna try around then too.
  • How old is your lil one?
  • @natashalynn hes is almost 10 months. We just got him off the bottle :) i plan on atleast trying to start potty training around a yr