blankets?!

edited April 2012 in Babies
Am I the only one who wont let my baby sleep with a blanket??? I do when im holding them and I did the first couple weeks before his arms starting moving around. People on tv and online I see always put there infants to bed with blankets. I got a lot of shit from my inlaws about it that I was "mean" for not giving him one. My babies have always had a baby blanket bag thing that zipped around there pajamas and kept them warm. I let my oldest start having them after a year and that was summer so he didn't really have them until about 15 months. I plan to do the same with Jaksyn. What do you all do for bed time, by themselves in the crib, and if you don't give them blankets at what age do you plan to?

Comments

• When he was swaddled I would put a light one on him. Now that he rolls around I just do a sleep sack too. I know people have done a normal blanket for years but it can be a suffocation hazard.
  • I use a blanket but it gets tucked under the matress both sides and only comes up halfway on her waist
  • Juliana gets a baby blanket and only on her legs. She is almost one and usually about an hour in to her being asleep she has kicked it off and on the opposite side of the crib from.where I had put her to begin with.
  • I didn't. My daughter didn't like being swaddled at all and would fight it off to wear the blanket always covered her face. So I would just put her in a onesie with pants and socks. She did fine and is 11 months old and STILL doesn't use blankets. She always kicks them off to the side.
  • Tessa always has a blanket when she sleeps. Sometimes she keeps it on, sometimes she doesn't.
  • I just started using blankets now at 9 months. Didn't use them with my first until about 11mo.
  • Lily can not sleep without a blanket...she uses it to self sooth herself back to sleep by cuddling it, without it she would have me up several times a night...she is almost 6 months
  • I don't use them. I am too worried something might happen.
  • I dont use them often, but he actually prefers to use one & some nights wont sleep without it. I started letting him use one with holes (like a quilt but a lighter material)
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I honestly never thought about not using a blanket.. now I wonder why it never crossed my mind?? Anyways, Keegan has always had a blanket. It gets tucked under both sides of the mattress and only comes to her belly button. Some nights she stays under it, other nights she kicks it off and to the side. She's 6 months old.
  • I dnt use them , my daughter hates bankets since she was 1 week old, I only use them to put it on her legs when she is in her stroller n its cold outside
  • My son hates blankets. We Co sleep so I try to cover him with the sheets, but he always ends up on top of them.
  • my son sleeps with me and hubby and theres been a few times hubby found blanket on r sons face. i wish my son can sleep in his crib but he dnt want to. i get scared every time im also scared of blankets
  • edited April 2012
    Mine loves his blanket.. at daycare he digs his face into it to sleep... his teacher will slowly creep it down after he is asleep... at home he has a thin one he snuggles with.. but no face covering at home though.. maybe the light at daycare...
  • @everyone thanks for all of the responses! I remember when my oldest son was even two years old we would have to go in a pull the blankets off his face, it scares me to death! Jaksyn will prob get a blanket in the fall, but he is ALL over his crib, I could not imagine wrapping the blankets around him and tucked under the matress, I swear the baby does laps around the crib in his sleep!
  • I don't let my daughter sleep overnight with a blanket on her, she uses the sleep sack. However, during nap times I let her use a blankie of some sort while I'm watching her.
  • My son sleeps in his room with nothing in the crib but the bumber and the blanket. I have to use a bumper because he will get his foot stuck trying to get out and he usually crawls from under the blanket by the morning but he has been using them at first I said no but my mom had a fit
  • We don't do blankets...she has a small comfort blanket, we call her silky, she falls asleep with it but it is removed from her crib when I know she is sound asleep. She likes to bury her face in it and it creeps me out.