Gerber Turkey and gravey/Chicken gravey baby food

edited April 2012 in Babies
has anyone given their baby that?? i have some a friend gave me but idk seems a lil ify?

Comments

• I tried it once and my son would gag really bad and spit it out. And it smells awful! Lol
  • My daughter eats the turkey not chicken though. Its a little thick but she likes it. It takes just like turkey, i taste evrtything b4 she does lol
  • Idk I look at it in the store and it grosses me out lol
  • @doodles @starrxoxo9 yeah just seems like it'll make my son sick or something im scared to try it :/

@emy you tasted it! wow so you think its taste okay? i think i'll let him try it
  • Lol I'm just gonna mash up some plain chicken for her to try.
  • the smell is horrible and my daughter hates it
  • I get a ton of it from wic and decided to stop letting it go to waste so now i mix a lil bit of it with her fruits or veggies for added protien, she doesn't mind it as long as it'd mixed!
  • David never ate ANY baby food "meat". He gagged. I always had a rule that if I couldnt take a bite without wanting to vomit, then I wouldnt feed it to him lol
  • I've given it to my son once, and it really doesn't taste as bad as it smells. I don't give it to him anymore, he'd rather eat the chicken and steak off my plate than something sitting in a jar
  • Neither of my children could tolerate that stuff. I felt bad even opening it and the smell, oh god!!
  • Lol yes i taste everything she does. If it goes in her mouth then it goes in mine first lol. It really does taste like turkey. it's just a little thick, i feel better about giving her the jar food because i get nervous feeding her real meat from my plate, im scared to death she will get chocked :(
  • My lo likes the turkey ok but prefers it mixed with pears
  • I am sooo happy I am not the only mommy to question those foods. I opened up a jar of chicken one day and immediately started gagging and I threw it out. So last weekend someone gave me a container full of those foods & needless to say almost a week later they are still in my car....lol! Cameron is almost 9 months and has "never" had any meats because I am so scared to give it to him.
  • Juliana is 11.5 months old and has only had baby meats. Twice and almost threw up both times so I stopped trying. She likes the apples and chicken or sweet pots and turkey but not just the meat.
  • Cartier loves it he hates the beef one though I warm it a little and he tears it up
  • My son tried both & didn't like either, he would gag horribly. I mixed it with a vegetable & he was OKAY with it. he LOVED chicken & rice though :D
  • Have any of you ladys tried to make it your self? I have done stage one but I am not sure how well meats would blend up.
  • @candy101 yeah im thinking about doing it myself. can you explain how i can do that??

and yeah im really scared to give him meat off my plate scared he'll choke :(
    he's barley breaking in his two bottom teeth when can i start giving him meat off my plate?
  • Nyla likes it but it stinks so bad but I warm it up before I give it to her. But I also get the chicken n rice in the containers n she also likes that