has anyone tried taking vitex to help get pregnant?

I'm just wondering if anyone has taken vitex b4 and what results (if any) u saw? I saw some at the store today and picked it up. I figure its worth a try.

Comments

• talk to your doctor idk but here is a bump
  • What is it? Especially for fertility?
  • I guess its suppose to b like a "natural" clomid. I havent taken any yet. Im still reading up on it and trying to decide. Im all for trying a natural herb b4 a perscription.
  • You go girl. Natural is *usually* the better route. You trying it this cycle?
  • Ok... So i thought i would update this. Just in case anyone is wondering about vitex. I started taking it a vouoke days b4 af ended thru a couple days after ovulation. About 2 weeks.

Pros... I felt fantastic taking this. I used to get so tired mid day. While taking this i felt great all day. Very nice. Ovulation happen on (i think acording to opk) day 14. (tmi) cm seemed to b much better quality.

Cons... I have just ONE. I gain 14 pounds in 2 fricken weeks. Ugh! However. I read it can make u retain water. Well, since stopping it just 2 days ago i have dropped 8 of those 14 pounds. So, hopefully the rest continues to come off. I have to say the weight gain really freaked me out. Who likes to gain weight? Not me.

Hopefully, it will all be worth it. I read it can take a few months for ur body to really see the effects of vitex. Not sure i want to start taking them again since summers coming and i dont really need to gain weight for the summer. Lol.

All and all i'm glad i tried them. I guess i will see if af shows or not. ;)

Ps. Any woman dealing with strange periods (not just woman ttc) this is suppose to help make ur periods regular.
  • Didnt you just give birth not to long ago or am I confusing you with someone else??
  • No, our youngest is 3 years old. We have been ttc. ;)