can my baby have turkey??

edited April 2012 in Solid Foods
We're having turkey dinner tomorrow and I was wondering if my 7 month old can have some turkey (chopped and mashed) she hasn't had much food yet mainly banana, sweet potato, applesauce, peas(which gave her a tummy ache) she also had rice cereal almost 2 months ago and that made her poo (tmi alert) mucousy with tiny spots of blood so haven't tried again. Anyway back to the turkey lol should I try or wait til I introduce more foods?

Comments

• NO. :P Of course she can! I bet she takes a loooooovely nap afterwards. That's if she'll even eat it though. Babies can have a hard time adjusting to textures sometimes.
  • Lol @fate :P thanks :) I gotta find something she likes, it seems like she doesn't want anything! except my muffin lol she was being so sweet and smiley while I was eating it this morning! even grabbed my face and put her head against mine :) so hard not to give in
  • Give in! ;))
  • i've given dillon turkey, ham, beef, and chicken. when he first had the chicken, he literally shuddered and was his face was like, eh, i don't want anymore of that! lol but he loves meat now. he's almost 8 months. it might make her poo smell AWFUL though. make sure you puree it up real good!!!
  • On a side note, consider giving her oatmeal cereal instead of rice. Rice made my girl sooo constipated, and in pain. With oatmeal she has Jo problem pooping. It is regular and pain free!
  • I use, oatmeal instead of rice too and Cartier loves gerber turkey and gravy
  • I third the oatmeal instead of rice cereal. Juliana had the same issue.
  • I will try oatmeal thanks :)
  • My pedi said the barley cereal is less binding than either rice or oatmeal. Dillon's had that for 3 months now and combined with 1.5oz pear juice everyday his poo issue is finally under control! :-) when we started solids his poo was so rock solid his poor little bumhole would bleed. It took a while toying with different foods to get it figured out.