need help

edited April 2012 in Babies
I am transitioning my lo to her crib this week, any tips would be appreciated.

Comments

• What is your lo sleeping in now? I transitioned Zephyr at 6 months after he had been sleeping in the bassinet of a pack n play. I didn't have any problems. Maybe start at nap time and work your way into it? Wish I was more help. Good Luck.
  • I had no problems. Easy! Had slept in my bed for the first 3 months.
  • Wow.... Just be patient cause its hard .
  • Shes sleeping in a bassinett right next to me. She just turned 4 mo and figured its time and that the longer i wait the harder it will be. I am ready to have my room back. I think its gunna be harder on me than her.
  • Dillon's finally in his crib full-time! Lol we started with naps and then over my fiance's spring break week we transitioned to the crib for night time. We started by putting the rock n play in his room a few nights so he could get used to the room then moved him into the crib. He still kinda gives us issues but overall he's a good sleeper. You and bd just have to be *consistent*. It helps dillon for him to be asleep before we lay him down. Sometimes it takes a few wakeups for him to finally settle. We also got a kind of comfy crib mattress topper as well since he'll sleep on my bed til the cows come home. Hopefully your lo won't be as troublesome as mine haha
  • Yepp I suggest naps first then at night. It was easier on me to know that I was awake and she was sleeping for the first few times she was in there. Now I have the baby monitor so I can hear her every noise/move. It was hard at first, but gets easier over time. When she would wake up and start crying I would have to remember not to pick her up and just calm her down by rubbing her tummy or back. She's now at the point where when she wakes up in the mornings she lay in there and play until she is ready to get up. She will be 6 months on the 8th.
  • Try putting the bassinet in their iiwn room first so they get used to sights, smells and sounds in a familiar sleep setting before putting baby into the crib. That might ease the transition. We also have a video monitor, which made it Mich easier for me to handle the transition
  • I agree with @ready2bmommy thats a good suggestion
  • Shes been great the past 2 nights. Wakes up just babbling. Its crazy how much my sleep has improved. We have a video monitor as well