Confirmed meningitis

edited April 2012 in UK
Sitting in the A&E (ER) with my ten yeat old. they think he may have viral meningitis. so fucking scared its unreal. having to keep a lid on it as trying not to scare Josh. Please keep him in your thoughts. my boy is my everything. I dont know what i would do if...

Comments

• Prayers hun. I've had vital meningitis, it's not fun at all!
  • Prayers!! Please keep us updated
  • edited April 2012

So far we have seen two drs, both think it IS meningitis, but we caught it early, hes had a canula put in his arm and they may need to take a lumber punch in a while. waiting for bloods to come back now. I amm SO proud of him, he truly is being such a brave little man xx
  • Aww... Prayers for ur handsom little man.
  • My best friend had it when i was in middle school. She was very sick. I wasnt able to see her for like two weeks they didnt want it ti spread. But she over came it. I will pray for him its very scary in deed.
  • Poor guy! Feel better and hope he gets better soon!
    My Brother had spinal meningitis when he was 5. He is not a healthy 23 year old!
  • My daughter was tested for it at 2 days old. That lumbar puncture is horrible! Be strong when he has it done, it's so hard to watch, I had to leave the room. so sorry you guys are having to go thru this.
  • Oh man i'm so sorry girl!!!!I will keep him in my prayers cause I know that's a serious condition
  • Prayers going out for you and your son!
  • Poor guy :( I hope he gets better ASAP!! %%-
  • Thank you all for the support. Hes been given a huge dose of antibiotics via IV, and will have 2 more doses 24 hours apart, with more cultures being taken tomorrow. Hes doing really well, all things considered. Today has really made me count my blessings.

@starrxoxo9
    @usplus2
    @newmomma13
    @lilsugarsmomma
    @mallory27
    @stephforever89
    @mommyof3girls
    @salasmommy
  • Will keep praying for him. I can only imagine how scary this is for u. Sounds like they caught it early then? Tell ur little trooper to keep strong. :)
  • Iam so sorry to hear this:( but im sure he will be just fine:) im keeping him in my prayers!!!!
  • U and ur family stay strong...he's gonna pull through
  • I'm glad to see he is being a trooper and you too mama! *positive thoughts and prayers!*
  • Prayers are being sent.
  • prayers for him and you
  • Thank you all for your continuing prayers, it means a lot to us all.

After today, I vow to NEVER EVER again look forward to term time starting, or moan that he doesnt bring his dirty laundry out of his room, or resent that him and daddy are having fun on the xbox whilst I miss my favourite show.

My babies are my whole point of being.. Before I had Evie, Josh was my WHOLE world, and without him I wouldnt have even considered carrying on. Now that Evie is here, the game has changed and the thought of having to live without Josh but having to stay in this world for Evie is so scary. If anything, it has made me reassess my existence and be grateful for every day I have to share with my babies.

My son WILL defeat this. He is made from strong stuff and God will help him to pull through.

Josh has asked me to relay to you all:

"Hello ladies...thank you for all your prayers but you can stop worrying, Im not gonna let this beat me."

-Makes my heart swell with pride just looking at him.

@preggointx
    @misskristin
    @jodi102011
    @All
  • Aww that made me tear up!! Go Josh!! :)
  • Oh my... What a sweetheart!!!!!! :) made me tear up too. God is good and each child is such a blessing. Give him an extra hug from the pregly ladies. ;)
  • Lol he made me tear up girl...he it's gods child and God got him
  • Ah hun what terrible news! You must be so proud of his fighting spirit though, it makes such a difference while they get better! Hope you are all doing ok, prayers heading your way. Take care x
  • He's such a sweetheart we haven't forgot about yall our prayers are still on
  • How's today going?
  • hey ladies, slightly better , antibiotics are kicking in it seems, STILL waiting for blood culture results, thanks again for the prayers xx
  • Awe. Josh is so sweet! You are still in my thoughts hun!
  • It will be ok if they caught it early and the viral menigitous is the one you woukd hope for if you have to have it bacterial is so much worse. my daughter had viral menigitous at 6wks old and spent a week in childrens.she is 8 1/2 months old and has no lasting effects from it.
  • I had spinal meningitis as a child .... Most I remember is lots of banana Popsicles and presents..... Stay strong you guys will get through this !
  • Any update