swimming lessons!

edited April 2012 in Babies "First's"
We're starting swimming lessons tomorrow! :) I can't wait I hope she likes the pool and isn't scared!

Comments

• How old is she cause I want to do it too
  • How old is she? I have a bad feeling Madison (6 1/2 months) is going to hate the swimming pool, she doesn't even like me dipping her toes in. Please keep me updated! Good luck :)
  • She is 7 months @newmomma13 @kimberly4411 She loves baths
    So I hope she likes it!
  • I think with all the other babies there she will probably be ok plus her friend is coming too he's 6 months
  • Ooo, where are you doing it at? Be sure and video tape! Madison would flip, she wont even take a shower with me
  • We were planning on starting at six but I went to visit my parents for a couple wks and sux months is friday :-<
  • I am hoping to start Juliana in lessons soon. She is almost 1 and lives her bath time. My husband has taken her in the pool and she laughed the whole time.
  • @heyitsme I am a swim teacher at a local Ymca. Some tips for you take extra clothes, and towel, make sure you have swim diapers. And last but not least get there early so she can see people getting in and out of the pool having fun, talk about the fun they are having. I hope she has a blast!
  • Thanks @heather3rdgirl I will remember that stuff :) we are going at the local pool @kimberly4411 :)
  • I'm going to look into doing it
  • I hope my mom comes so we can get pics!
  • I enrolled my daughter in swim lessons at 6 months old. She did great. The classes were once a week for 6 weeks and lasted a half hour. The water was a little chilly, but not to bad. The little ones are not able to do as much as some of the older children, but it was still a great experience. She kicked on her stomach and back. We dunked her head in the water, which actually went better than expected. She was startled, but didn't seem to mind otherwise. We also practiced putting her ears in the water. We did a few other random things. Not sure what your class will entail, but I am assuming it is pretty similar. I hope your little one has a good experience with it. I definitely recommend it. It is nice especially if your child is afraid of the water. Have fun. I hope to hear how it goes.
  • @heyitsme oh do you know the temp of pool? We do are mommy and me classes in a warm pool.
  • @Heather3rdgirl I'm not sure if its heated. its the wading pool/kiddie pool so I would think so. I hope so!
    @Scott_Jessica1stbaby sounds like what we're gonna do!
  • It was so much fun!!!!!!!!! @heather3rdgirl
  • What all did ya'll do? I'm jealous! My town doesn't offer anything like that lol. How did she do? Did they suggest any drops for her ears?
  • edited May 2012
    today we didnt do too much, just hold them on their bellies and walk with them, and same with putting them on thier backs. tried to get them to blow bubbles (but shes a bit young for that, the older ones did) and then after the instructor talked about cpr techniques and then they turned on the bubbles and got to play with toys for a bit! They didnt say anything about drops, maybe they will if we do dunking? She did so good though and she was so excited when we started walking into the water lol shes definitely a water baby!
    @kimberly4411
  • and the pool was heated! so nice
  • @heyitsme Im glad it was heated that makes it easier. Drops for ears I recommend sweet oil, its all natural, helps them not get ear infections and build up of wax. Glad you had fun :)
  • This might be a silly question but what did you wear to swim class? is a tankini okay? and did you lo wear a bathing suit or just the swimming diaper? Im going to a swimming class tomorrow with my 6 month old.
    @heyitsme @Heather3rdgirl
  • edited May 2012
    @Lilliansmom I wear a tankini and swim shorts no bikinis here lol and my lo wears a bathing suit and reuseable swim diaper. disposables aren't allowed in our pool. they can wear just the diaper though there's another baby that does :)
    good luck hope your lo likes it as much as mine!
  • @heyitsme I'm actually going to wear my maternity tankini Haha thanks when I saw this post I went on a search for swimming lessons I'm very excited!
  • @lilliansmom nice!! its sooo fun! :)
  • @LilliansMom Aww sorry I just got on for the first time in days. I wear a one piece swimsuit, its the suit I teach in. Most mom wear one pirce, or the tankini. I have had a few wear sexy 2 piece though. Most of the kids wear swimsuits but swim diapers alone are excepted at our pool. My daughter wore a swim shirt and swim diaper. The only reason she didn't wear her bottoms is they are to small yet. Good Luck I hope you have fun. Please Update and let us know how it went. :)
  • @Lilliansmom how did it go?
  • @heyitsme @heather3rdgirl it was great! There were 4 other babies and she loved splashing and even liked going under!
  • @Lilliansmom you put her under already? I couldn't do it. I don't like going under myself so that's a hard one
  • Sounds like so much fun AJ class does not start till the 16 next month. I don't know about putting him under though.
  • She loves when I pour water over her head and face in the bath so I tried dunking her head after watching the other babies who took the last class she made a face but then smiled. She is definitely a water baby! @heyitsme