best day in fricken ages.

edited May 2012 in Current Events
So for those that don't know I am a police officer and was seriously injured earlier this year whilst on the job. I returned to full duties today and was so excited and nervous, which considering I have done this job for 12 years is embarrassing. Well let's just say the day didn't disappoint at all.

My first job of the day just reinforced why I do this job and miss out on so much with my family. I was stuck waiting in the chemist for medication because am crook as a dog when the lady in front of me decided it would be a awesome time to go into full on premature labour. In a total of 12 minutes I was able to help this lady be holding her beautiful tiny baby boy in her arms being nearly 5 weeks early. This is the best feeling in my job as there is always so much death and sorrow but thiswas great.

Then imagine my surprise to return to the station to get a clean uniform and there is a huge bunch of flowers from the lady and her husband. This was complete with a photo of the bub who is now named lachlan michael, michael being my name as the mother insisted on it.

I just wanted to share my story because I am so pumped at the moment.

Comments