Had my "little" man!!*another update :(*

edited May 2012 in Giving birth
I had my baby this morning. He came in at a whopping 9lbs 15oz and 21 inches long. Def a biggin! My daughter was 9.7 but to me he looks smaller than what she did. But either way I'm so happy hes here and I'm so excited hes taken to breastfeeding so well since I had a hard time with my daughter :)

Comments

• Congrats!!
  • Congrats!!!!
  • Thank u!
  • Yay!!!! lol, what a healthy baby! :) Can't wait to see pics!
  • Congrats!!!! That's one big baby! Can't wait to see pictures :D
  • Congrats!!!
  • Yay congrats!!
  • Congrats :)!!!!
  • Congrats. That's a big baby!
  • What's his name?
  • Congrats!!!
  • Yay congrats! :) enjoy ur precious little baby.
  • Congratulations!!! :)
  • Aww yey!!! Tell us ur birthing story xx
  • Congrats!!!!
  • Wow congrats !
  • Congratulations!!!
  • Congrats! Name? Time for an updated profile pic! ;)
  • Congrats!
  • Congrats!
  • edited May 2012
    @everyone thank you!! :) I'll get pictures up asap

@Fate @babyluv8 his name is cory

I had him by c section. It was my second one because my daughter was so big. It went without any problems or complications but when they were sewing me up I was having a lot of cramping and pain. The nurse said it was because they gave me pitocin to help my uterus clamp up and they gave me a couple other medications that mad me sick (threw up a couple of times) I was just so ready for them to finish sewing me up because I was so uncomfortable. It seemed like it took them ages to do it and I kept asking them when they were going to be done since I was becoming very anxious and the pain wasn't getting any better but finally they finished and I was able to get to see my son. They were concerned about my blood pressure being so low after the surgery but they figured it was just due to the medications they gave me.

But question about breastfeeding. Hes been latching on great since the c section which I'm happy about but he doesn't seem to be getting anything out of my breasts. Ive been getting on each breast every 2-3 hours but I'm just a bit worried since I don't want to starve him. The nurses don't seemed too concerned but I cant help but be worried @homebirthadvocate
  • He wont starve. That little bit of colostrum will last him until your milk comes in. Cute name! My daughters name is Corri. ;)) CONGRATS!
  • @fate that's what I thought I know he got (I think anyways) that he got a little bit of colostrum this morning but that was only once...just bit clueless on breastfeeding and since I had such a bad experience last time with my daughter with bf not working out with her that Im hoping everything will turn out good with him
  • It will! The more you put him to your breast, the faster your milk will come in. I LOVED breastfeeding. It's super addicting and I really hope it works out this time for you. So rewarding!
  • Please done be worried! Right now your producing colostrum. A baby only needs very little right now. Remember that their stomachs only are about the size of a marble. :) when i had my baby i had to pump at the hospital. And with a hospital grade pump i was getting about 10 drops. Lol. And lactation consultant assured me it was enough. My baby is now 6mo and i still breastfeed. Your going amazing! Hope this helped. :)
  • Whoops i meant your doing* amazing! Congrats hun!
  • Ok @fate I'm excited since he seems to latch on so well and actually stays on my breast. I'm really happy about possibly breastfeeding with this child. I only lasted a week if that with my daughter(I had inverted nipples) and I was so depressed about it for a long time. So this time ive read everything on breastfeeding and done things to "prepare" my nipples with wearing nipple shields to help them "pop" out lol
  • Congrats on that big boy of yours!! Rest up, mama!