*induction stories* QUICK IM NERVOUS!!!

edited May 2012 in Labor
Omg I've suddenly just gotten sooo nervous I feel sick lol. Leaving in 2hrs n my appointments in 3 hrs. Gahhhhhhhh!!!

Comments

• Good luck ur gonna be fine
  • Mine was simple no pain, no problems, I just took a while. Good Luck :)
  • Simple as well. I had the epidural. Biggest issue was u need almost 2bags of iv fluid in before u can get an epidural and the nurse that was getting ready to leave had me on a slow drip. After an hour i only had half a bag down. Thats when i got induced. Luckily my new nurse noticed this after i was 20min into being induced and in a lot of pain and turned the drip on as fast as it would go. 20min later the other bag and a half were already done and i was getting my epidural. 20min later i was pushing. Total from time i got the iv and had my lo it was less than 2hrs
  • Just try to relax and make sure they tell you when they are upping your pitocin! They turned mine up without telling me which caused me to get my epidural early, wish I had known that was the reason I was having back to back contractions and nothing I did helped relieve the pain! Prepare yourself for a c section but don't let them just talk you into it cuz they are inpatient! I had a very long and uncomfortable Labor with lots of complications, but firmly believe that had a lot to do with my Obgyn and how much she wanted me to have a c section. By 23 hours I was beyond exhausted from throwing up and had a temp of 103 that they couldn't get down among other things and when my Obgyn told me she wanted to just do the section I was so ill and tired I didn't put up a fight. I definitely cried cuz I badly didn't want it but the Labor was hell and I was over it. Stand your ground and don't let them talk you into things you don't want. Oh and I went from having a constant fever to hypothermia right after surgery and I guess it's common with long labors ending in section.... Not fun. Sorry if this makes you more nervous, not my intention, just want to suggest you standing your ground so you can have a better outcome than I did! Good luck!
  • Pitocin, no epidural, 11 hours in labor (actually probably less) and delivered twins just fine! Don't worry!!
  • Yay!!!!! it's finally baby time! I am so happy for you. Good luck honey! @mummy_to_be
  • Ha... induction wasn't too bad. Had cytotec(sp) and was in labor 2 hours later... started potcin... was in labor for 21 hours with no pain meds... but it did hurt!
  • I was induced 3 weeks ago with Pitocin and an epidural and my labor was 7 hrs super easy and quick but I felt the same way! Good luck
  • @newmomma13 thanks hun!
    @heather3rdgirl well my daughter was 29 hours so any less then that and I'm happy!
    @lilliebug oh I didn't even know that. They havnt explained it to me very well. thanks for your story :)
    @smcox no thanks for your story! I will def be standing my ground. All this pregnancy they have ppeved me off not explaining things and one doc says one thing another doc says another. I'm not too worried about a c-section so that's not getting me nervouse :) I'm scared I'm gunna get there n find out I'm too dialated. She said if I was more then 4, they wld send me home and get me to come back the next day to break my water. I'm so excited, that wld shatter me. And I'm scared of back to back contractions!
    @mrsstanley_x2 thank you!!!! That gives me some hope lol!

Everyone my last was posterior, back to back contractions, 9hrs intense labour, 29hrs all up from first cramp and I couldn't walk. if its not as bad as that, I'm happy!! One more hour till I head off to the hospital!!
  • @miaradavis thank you!
    @beccahedrick lol yep labour hurts! I'm glad I know that people are doing it without epi. It gives. Me some hope because I really didn't want one!
    @lacy809 thank you! All these storys are making me feel better lol. I looked up some on google and they all ended up in surgery from taring or ended up in a c-section!
  • If it makes you feel any better (further) I had ZERO complications and was even half communicating and joking with nurses right up until pushing. Lol and technically my "labor" started up, twice! It stopped after my son. Lol you have got this! Just stay relaxed!
  • Oh yeah no tearing or cutting for me! He came out in 3 pushes that lasted maybe 5 mins!
  • Yeo no meds! And I did tear some... had to get 4 stitches, and I had to push for about 2 hours. Is this ur first?