help!

edited May 2012 in First time moms
My son is not eating off the spoon. Or eating table foid as he should which us causing him not to gain weigh he is nine mobths old im very worried he is not reaching his milestones he isnt even crawling yet :-( im a new mother i dont kno wat to do the only way he will eat tge har food all is if i put it ib hia bottle

Comments

• They say you aren't suppose to give it to them in bottles...just bring it up to the pedi next time you go and see what they say
  • This is normal... He's teething and rejecting food. Check hid gums, give him tylenol, use teething tablets and try again in an hour
  • @newmomma13 i know ..n i talked to his doctor all she aaid was keep trying with the spoon which isnt really helping @ynvtish he is teething n i do give hom meds thar dosnt work either when trying again
  • Have you tried giving him whole foods using the mesh feeder? Some babies are just not interested in pureed foods. It'll be soothing to teething gums as well.
  • Be consistent with the spoon. Put him on a food schedule so-to-say. Orrrrrr skip the baby food altogether. Its gross anyways. Try Oatmeal instead of rice cereal, and give him finger snacks. No more bottles of food, that's enabling him to be lazy about eating. Just remember that he doesn't need a ton of food. He should still be getting his formula or breastmilk all day long, and night if he wakes up. Baby food is just practice for them, it means nothing at 9 months old. Don't worry, he will reach his milestones when he's ready. :)
  • @fate i tried giving him oatmeal this morning he rejected it and i tried giving him chewed up porkchop baked meat he rejected as well i just understand he wont eat anything but drink milk or only way he will is if i put the oatmeal or jar food in the bottles
  • Then only give him milk. He doesn't "need" food until 1 year old. Try finger foods or the mesh feeder like @Mijita mentioned. Baby food isn't important like a lot people think it is. Some babies just don't like it.
  • @fate Wats tge mesh feeder?
  • @mommy2B88 ... Keep the meds in your baby on a regular. Like if the tylenol says every 4 hours... Stick to it after about 2 doses you should see a big difference.. but when you do.. don't let up on the meds keep going until you see a tooth break
  • Don't worry food before a year is just for fun. Just keep offering finger foods when you eat have baby join you even if he doesn't eat anything it will get him used to meal times. As for the crawling my baby didn't get the hang of it till almost 10 months some babies don't crawl at all its nothing to worry about he will find his own way of getting about.:)
  • It's where you put whole foods in it, like fruits or even ice, the baby can practice chewing. Its a neat little device.the baby doesn't get the food, but all the juries squuuuuueeze out. Babies love it.