sleeping babies HELP PLEASE!!

edited May 2012 in Ages & Stages
Im feeling terrible cause sometimes i raise my voice at my almost 6there month old. But she fights her sleep so much. Any suggestions on what i can do. We take a bath everyday around the same time. Shes also fighting her naps and the babysitter said if she continues lioet this she wont be able to watch her anymore :/. Idk if this is something shes jist going thru and it will go away because she is also very demanding with attention - if you're not playing with her the whipe time she starts crying which is ok i love to spend lots of time with her but i also gotta eat and pee

Comments

• im having the same issue. its as though my daughter has gone from being laid back to being a diva. as soon as shes put down, she cries, and shes literally screeching herself to sleep at naptimes. its hard.
  • It could be teething, an ear infection...seems to me like discomfort of some sort. Both ear infections and teething become more painful while laying down.
  • edited May 2012
    Oh and if you are getting that stressed, put her down somewhere safe and take a 5 minute break to regroup.
  • Sounds like you need a new babysitter... Let's start there.

Take your baby to the doctor so you can find out what's going on.
  • And here s the thing if i put her in our bed she would be totally out for the night
  • My daughter was like that i felt like i was going to go crazy. I think its a stage they go threw.. because my daughter gets like that with ny hubby when he lays her dwn in her crib she cries and screams because she knows he goes right bak to get her. She knws where she has her daddy. Then when i put her in her crib she goes right to sleep because she knws she cant manipulate me :). Theyre very smart trust me. This happened just last night too. Just try to have everything quiet and feed her change her diaper and right to bed. She sleeps all night now . Last night she fell asleep at like 10pm and just woke up right now at 5am for her bottle and she bak asleep she doesnt wake up until 930am.. its just a stage the swing would help alot during nights like that ..good luck hun
  • Sounds like me when I want attention lol I say new baby sitter also but other then that I dnt know wats wrong sry girl
  • My son was like that and never knew why I always has to hold him but not at night he would sleep fine in his crib. At 3 months he.got diagnosed with Acid reflex and a week after he was on his meds I could but him down finally. I now play white noise or music when he sleeps and a projector for night time (got it at Target). Try taking taking her maybe something is bothering her. How old is she?
  • She is will be 6 months on the 16th. Maybe ill try that white noise thing and will have to look into putting her in daycare or find another babysitter i can trust :/
  • My baby is the same way he fights his sleep so bad that he can't hold his head up. I have notice that any noise at all wakes him during the day. He goes out so hard at night for the first4-5 hours I can turn him upside down and he will not wake lol. Then he is up ever few hours nursing. I just moved him into my bed it is easier for both of us
  • Also fighting sleep is most likely a faze he did that for a while when he was like 5 months
  • We bought a baby Einstein soother and all we do when it's time for nap or bed is turn it on and give her her blanket and she goes right to sleep. It's the best $40 I've ever spent!!