How to miss a childhood

Great article about our smart phone addiction! I know I myself am guilty of this..so starting today I will only be on my phone when Ollie is napping or after he goes down in the evening! This article was a real eye opener for me!

http://www.handsfreemama.com/2012/05/07/how-to-miss-a-childhood/

Ps she had a lot of traffic today and her server is wigging out so if it doesn't work right away try again later! It's worth the read

Comments

• Thanks for posting this. Its a nice reminder. Ive been thinking about this alot lately. ;)
  • @2ndbutfirst I think i remember reading about that happening to you. I am so sorry. I am going to start doing the same thing as you. We bought this super nice expensive camera but never use it, and now I am going to start taking it every where!

@mommyof3girls I have been to, and then when this article showed up on my facebook feed I took it as a sign!
  • Loved that. I am guilty of a lot of that!
  • Omg. Heartbreaking
  • How about how to miss LIFE I'm constantly telling my fiancé to put the dang phone down!
  • I am on my phone A LOT! But I keep it to a minimum around my children.

There is this one girl at school that I think it pretty cool. Very funny and great girl to be around. We go smoke together on breaks and I feel like I am talking to a wall. She ALWAYS has her head in the phone. All class long she has her phone on the table texting. Every two seconds the table vibrates. Everything I say to her on the smokepit is met with "mmhhmm" and "what?". It's to the point that I don't even want to be around her!

BD/Fiance has the same issue and it gets highly annoying. I think we should start a household rule where one day of the week is totally phone and computer free!
  • I glance threw this article after you posted... omgee I'm am on my phone a whole lot! I hate when it dies!
    I'm trying to not be on it so much