"rolling" her wrists..

edited May 2012 in Ages & Stages
My 7 month old still rolls her wrists around mostly when she's excited... idk if u know what I mean but I hope you do lol its hard to take a picture of lol but it just seems like something she should have grown out of. It kind of scares me thinking maybe she is special..

Comments

• I don't understand what that means! :(
  • Closed fists, circular motion, and toes tightened?
  • My oldest did that and he outgrow it and is a very intelligent three year old, very normal just hyper. My 11 month old does it too and it worries me but I remind myself my oldest did it too :)
  • @fate yes idk about the toes though!
  • I need to take her to see her dr again cuz like, she doesn't babble AT ALL. She makes growly sounds and ahhhhh but that's it really. She used to do rah rah and yah yah and sometimes goo but no more :(
  • P.s. remember my son has aspergers (type of autism) so that's why I worry so much
  • Other things I notice are that she spaces out while nursing(won't look at me but not all the time) she sometimes is very hard to get her attention, and what worrys me even more is she is so scared of strangers unless I'm holding her (one thing I remember about my son is that he cried when anyone else even talked to him) so far she's ok as long as I'm holding her but my brother can't even sit next to her when she's on the floor and no one but me and her daddy can hold her
  • Aw hun. I hope you are needlessly worrying. :(
  • @Captivated me too :( I keep wishing I could see a year or two into the future just to know she's ok. then I might stop worrying.
    @mom2ing sorry! I'm sure its really common and if she seems normal otherwise I wouldn't worry. with me its a few things. the wrists, the stranger anxiety and the lack of babbling are the main ones
  • Keegan has just started doing the SAME thing.. I'm teaching her to wave bye bye so I just figured this was her way of doing it.. instead of her fingers being closed tight she wiggles them around...
  • My son is 7 in a half months an rolls his wrist an points his toes when hes excited an hes on top of all his milestones. Try not to wrry an enjoy her bein little :)
  • my daughter does that with her ankles and shakes her head like crazy, i get worried about the head shaking though, but she only does it when shes hyper and she smiles while she does it. i think she just likes to get dizzy