how do ya'll feel about this

edited May 2012 in Breastfeeding
What age do you think is too old to be bf??

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited May 2012
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • when they start kindergarden.
  • Never to old! I am gonna keep doing it until Ollie decides otherwise! The hoopla over the TIME magazine pic is disgusting if you ask me! I was reading some ignorant posts by people commenting on it saying it was incest and that the mom needs to find a man to such her titties and leave the boy along! I wanted to vomit in my mouth!
  • I mean I'm not against bf and wouldn't say anything stupid like the comments I saw on that time mag picture etheir but I think that there is a too old to be bf time..
    Ugh my mom tells me my dad was bf until he was 7. That's ridiculous I might get chewed out for this but its just my opinion. Anyone feel the same way I do?
  • @salasmommy i agree. When they can ask for boob i think its time
  • @ashley_smashley I was soo pissed when I saw the pictures like really the moms could of looked at the kids and not look like the where modeling!! And people are to stupid saying its gross! Ughhh the USA seriously needs to look and see that other contries breastfeed way past 12 months. And its normal!!
  • I guess I should wean my daughter then cause she 11 months and she asks for it. When a child crys cause they are hungry the are asking!! Im breastfeeding until she weans herself. If she doesnt wean by kindergarden then I will start yhe weaning process
  • @ArmahnisMommy @jennalynne87

Glad I'm not alone I think bf is a beautiful thing but really? 7years old?
  • edited May 2012
    I am all for breastfeeding but I do not like this picture. I have breastfed 3 babies and my cut off point is around a year. Even animals cut there babies off after so long. Sorry if this offended anyone it is just my opinion
  • edited May 2012
    I breastfed my son till he was 2.5 towards the end it was only to go to sleep, it was more like a comfort thing I guess. I.think that picture is extreme because of the set up with the chair and all...how old is that kid anyway? I definitely don't agree that never is too old, I agree with @proudmommy8789 school age is too old and just not necessary
  • Agreed HBA! Abd I guess I should ween my LO to bc he can ask for it..(by motor boating me)
  • I am saying when they can actually speak in sentences.
  • I do not mean that everyone should stop at a year that is just when I decided to.
  • edited May 2012
    I was about to write that @jennalynne87

Girls no need to bash. Everyone has different opinions. Were women not children.
  • Yes its a 3 year old :-) @HomeBirthAdvocate
  • Yes its a 3 year old...

No one was bashing!
  • Clearly everyone knew she meant sentences..everyone knows a baby asks for milk when he or she cries.
  • Wow he looks the size of my 6 year old son, but it's the way they took that picture, they were aiming for that more drastic look...3 isn't too old, I just think a child in school would be picked on if they found out "I drink mommys milk"..just saying, I think children should be weaned before school, but that's my view and I respect others views as well.
  • & yes it is a 3year old @HomeBirthAdvocate
  • I also agree with @summergirl22 3 isn't too old for me. I think if I did that i would pump though.
  • No but seriously, could they have made that picture look any more awkward...what did enfamil pay for that photo shoot lol