Can we get personal?

edited May 2012 in Postpartum Health
How do you keep your pue-nan-nee smelling fresh?

I've ran into a few foul smelling females in public that could have used just a plan soap and water bath.

I have a smell fetish and love to sniff on my honey all the time. My nose is sensitive and I can smell everything.

I myself take daily showers and change my panty liner ever time I use the bathroom. Anyone do anything different?

Comments

• Showers and shaving ;;)
  • @mama2fn3 ... Oh yeah shaving does make a big difference too.
  • No soap down there. Keeps the normal ph. I don't douche, shower daily, and I stay shaved.
  • Daily showers, shave, change pad/liner regularly...when using.
  • Daily Showers PH friendly Female parts soap. :) Summer's Eve Feminine Wash For Sensitive Skin :p
  • Bath every day and a wet wipe in middle of day :)
  • I love me some we wipes I just feel cleaner using them!and daily showers and shaving
  • I shower daily, keep trimmed (don't like to shave it all off), and I use some good smelling lotion between my thighs. It really does help LOL.
  • I just wash pretty well on my under carriage. Don't skip on showers or baths especially during the summer! :) oh and I do use panty liners that I change out regularly
  • I don't even remember what a nice long HOT bath feels like. I am the only one here to take care of AJ so for me it's 5 minute showers. Ten if I put him in his jumperoo and turn on sponge bob.
  • Shower daily, no soap down there, change my panty liner frequently, and shave!
  • I use the vagasil odor blocker an shave
  • I agree with @captivated I shower and keep her shaved lol, never had an issue.
  • Oh, sorry, off topic, but okay so I asked a co-worker the other day for a tampon bc I started a few days early. Anyway, she said she doesnt use them bc she hates walking around "feeling them" in her. Umm, is it just me or does she put them in wrong? Lol, ive never felt them once they're inside lol
  • @davidnaadynsmama, you've never had an issue cause you don't do an insane amount of things down there :) Any kind of soap is a huge no-no. A vagina is self-cleaning. There is NO need to clean anything in regards to your vagina other than with water or baby wipes. I have never had any form of odor. Zilch, nada. It literally smells like nothing. When you begin using products- soaps, sprays, deodorants or douche (the biggest no no) is when you get things like yeast infections, BV etc etc. Every girl that I have slept with that washed with soaps and summer's eve products had a distinct odor (not all bad), but all the girls that were like me- had no odor. Weird.
  • @captivated what about just washing the outside and the lips with soap lol I get sweaty down there when I work out! But I don't ever put soap "in there" lol
  • @captivated Soo true. The girls ive been with were the same way. The less maintainance the better lol. We have "self cleaning ovens" for a reason lol
  • You shouldn't even use soap to wash the outer or inner labia. They don't have sebaceous glands (the minora have just a little), and not enough to protect against soap. All that is necessary to wash our private parts is hot water. If it needs *more* cleaning, hot salt water works great. If you feel like you must use soap, use mild non scented soap like Cetaphil cleansing bar. Anything else really works against you, especially feminine washes. @starrxoxo9
  • @starrxoxo9 tbh, just the soap & water that runs down during a shower should be enough. Shaving helps though because the pubic hair is what catches the odor. Sorry, I know you were asking captivated & not me lol
  • The best way to keep a clean, fresh vagina is to leave it alone. Water only. I keep mine trimmed, and don't ever have issues with smelling badly. Or any smell at all for that matter.
  • It actually says pubic hair help keep bad odurs away. But I still prefer to shave and I use femine was and shower daily. And using panty liners regular. As I have said before I have a lot of discharge and it smells really bad. Av been to doctors she said .its nothing to worry about. But its really bad anyone any more tips
  • @starr1990 Thats a lie lol.

Just shower regularly and after peeing or pooing use a baby wipe or something and wash down there not a big wash just use a wash cloth or baby wipes to clean it. Cause BELEIVE ME you'll leave a bad smell if you dont, even if you think you dont you really do. & kids and your men wont be ashamed to tell you.... Dont wait for that embarassing moment! :) seems like alot but its really worth it.
  • @YNVTish you sniff your vag?
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @homebirthadvocate that is true, just like nose hair...but I have been shaving since hair started growing and I've never once had a yeast or bacterial (or any infection for that matter) infection. My point is, just because you shave does not mean you will get an infection (and I know you never said this, just sharing my experience) :)
  • I'll add that the protection of hair was meant for caveman days when little clothing was worn. The hair acted like a protective barrier against bacteria and debris.
  • I wasn't debating, he he. Just inputting my .2 cents. :(|)