why would he delete txt??

ValVal
edited May 2012 in Relationships
ok ok i know someone posted about catcching their bf in a lie..about where he was etc..

i was looking at my verizon bill n seen by bf # n i had to look.. it gives yu details
well i had priomised him i was gna look thru his txts or calls anymore cus i used to it alot...
(which i did find things i didnt want to which caused us to break up last yr)
any way so i noticed hes txt his bm right?? cool?
i asked him if hes talked to her about having his son come over my sons bday party n he says yes i did shes cool about it..
but he jumped in the shower i searched his phone n theres no txt about it???

should i even let this get to me??? like why wouldnt he keep the txt msgs there right??

i really believe he doesnt care for her anymore.. should i confront him

Comments

• Were other conversations deleted too, like was his inbox empty? Or were just those certain messages deleted??
  • You could confront him about it, but it won't get you anywhere. One of two things will happen:

1. He will get upset at you for going through his phone and twist the entire situation on you
    or
    2. He won't tell you the truth because they're deleted and there's no way for you to know.

I would let it go and keep your eyes and ears open.
  • I agree with captivated
  • I mean, what guy is going to say "Ohh, I'm sorry baby. I was texting her about sexual things, telling her I loved and missed her. I deleted them because I didn't want you to find them."

And if he denies it, you're still not going to believe him. Or you will, but still wonder about it in your subconscious. Seems like a pointless fight to me! :-(
  • @1stwoosbaby- no it was just those... there wereolder txt msgs of theirs on there but the current ones werent
    @captivated- i agree yu toltally nailed it lol cant say much more! lol
    @ta2edblondie- i do tRust HIM!!! i sais i USED to look thru it i guess cus of my own insercurities! i havent looked thru it in forever; till yesterday. Ur not mean at all. But i think i think regardless of how much yu tRust eachother theres always gna be that what if cus of insercurities??
  • It could just be as innocent a he says, but given your insecure history he probably avoided the drama and deleted it.

Sometimes our feelings and emotions make us misconstrue the simplest of things.

I just thought I'd throw a slight positive in the mix.
  • @mijita- thanx! ur right. i did shake it off last night! it popped in my ahead again this morning*

"he just txt me ur mothers day gift arrived" lol

i do trust him n hes changed ALOT! i hate that my own insecurties get in the way
  • I delete texts that I don't care about to make space on my phone for stuff I wanna keep texts, photos etc if not I run out of memory. Maybe he has done the same.
  • I understand! You can be secure in the relationship and still have those moments of, "hey, let me check his phone".
  • edited May 2012
    My husband deletes his texts daily, even the ones to and from me. I wouldnt jump to conclusions right away. For some people, its just habit. Maybe pay closer attention to things, but I wouldnt jump his ass just yet. Jmo
  • i'd keep checking his phone and keep a close eye out. but i totally agree with captivated. i have those stupid arguments daily and no matter wat he says i always have that subconcious.