11 month old weaning himself off bottle

My 11 month old refuses to take a bottle at all during the day except for his night time bottle. Is it too early to just give up trying to give him the bottle and just give him solid food all through the day? I am tired of making a bottle for him and wasting formula. Or can i just give him normal milk in a bottle? I've tried mixing formula with regular milk and he wont drink any of that from a bottle either... :/

Comments

• Try putting it in a sippy cup, I know my oldest was all done with bottles by 1 year, I think at 11 months he was only on a bed time bottle. We didnt start whole milk though until 1 year, you should talk with your doctor about that one. My LO is 8 months and he only takes 3 8oz bottles a day, and sometimes it is a struggle to get him to take the one in the middle of the day.
  • Bump! Have you tried using a sippy cup or a sippy cup that has a straw? My girl loves her straw cup, although will only take formula through a bottle. She's 11 months today.
  • My sister bought my nephew sippy cups & wouldn't use them cause he would keep wanting the bottle. I stepped in & gave him only the sippy, told her if he is thirsty he will drink.

Sounds mean, lol. But yes, try the sippy with formula.