advice on feeding

edited May 2012 in Solid Foods
My baby is 6 1/2 months old an 2 days ago I started her on her baby food on 1 jar a day today she had a whole jar an wanted more an now she doesn't want her bottle at all she's had maybe 4 oz of milk all day but acts hungry I thinks she jus wants more baby food now my ? Is wuld u cut the baby food completey out or keep giving it to her ? I no she still needs her formula but I wanted her to get use to solids any advice please

Comments

• Make sure she has her bottle first, then the food. That way she's not too full off of the food.
  • @starrxoxo9 I fed her a bottle an then a hour later fed her her food now she doesnt want any milk only her baby food
  • Hmm.. maybe give her less food? Idk I've never had that problem my baby is a little piggy lol she loves her food and bottles equally.
  • @starrxoxo9 lol she use to love her bottles till she got a taste of food she evn loves peas lol
  • My 7 month old is the same way. She doesn't like her bottles as much as her food. She drinks it occasionally (always her night time bottle) but not like she did before. As long as she drinks some and she is peeing/pooping normally I'm not too totally worried about it anymore.
  • @1stWoodsBaby yea I didn't think she wuld like it so much lol I jus got her to take about 3-4 oz she wasn't to happy about it lol
  • It's good you are concerned because the food doesn't provide enough nutrition she needs. She should drink at least 24oz a day. I'd bring it up to her pedi. The formula is more important right now. Good luck
  • @Summergirl22 yea I'm think of maybe cutn the food down to like every other day
  • Have yiu tried giving a sippy cup? with meals i give my lo a cup and he loves it
  • @sands3 haven't tried a cup yet I always forget about them
  • What I do with Kaylee is mix the food with formula and rice cereal in her bottle and it fills her up. I still spoon feed her at least one jar a day though
  • @Tootie yea I did that wit my other 2 prolly will wit her if she keeps not wantn her bottle
  • They say its not good to mix the baby foods in the bottle...just to let you know not saying don't do it cause u did say it worked for your other two...just do what your think feels right
  • @newmomma13 if her lil chubby self wuld jus take her milk lol !
  • Lol try and only do like half a jar for 2 feedings every other day