Sippy cups

edited May 2012 in Ages & Stages
What brand was the first sippy cup your LO used successfully? Keegan has been trying the Nuby but it's not working out so well. The shape is completely different than what she is used to so she just likes to chew on it.

Comments

• Try the nook my lo doesn't like it but it was suggested to me as one of the better cups
  • My son is 8 months & I have yet to find one he loves. Ive tried nuby, avent, Dr.browns, store brand, & tommee tippie. So far the ones he is okay with are the tommee tippie & nuby.. Nuby is a little hard to suck out of & tommee tippie is a little too fast or a flow. Hopefully I can find one soon
  • I only had to buy one and Lily took to it like a champ. It's a Foogo, and works great. We introduced it at 6.5 months and by 8 she perfected drinking from it.
  • Oh I'm having the same problem...we have tried nuby, tommee tippee and playtex (the one w the straw). He has no clue what to do w it besides play w it!
  • @clope18 I didn't know Tommee tippee made a sippy. She uses those bottles so I'll try that one out!

@mijita. I have never heard of that. Where did you find it at?

@crystaldawm0830 Keegan loves chewing and banging hers on the ground. She knows how to hold the handles and put it in her mouth, but she just wants to chew.
  • I'm not sure the brand but she loves the ones with straws. Took her a few weeks to figure it out, but she's got it down now!
  • At Babies R Us
  • That is the same thing Robby does! It's like he doesn't know to suck on it. I feel like he's going to be 2 with a bottle lol. My mom said he's only 7 months and im trying to rush him.
  • @natashalynn how old is ur LO? Does the straw work out well?

@mijita thank you!

@crystalsawn0830 my daughter is 7 months too. I don't think we are trying to rush them. Well maybe i am a little. I am due with #2 in sept (4 weeks before my daughter turns 1) and I don't want her using bottles still. I feel like if she is still using them when he starts using them that she'll never want to stop becausre the baby is using them too.
  • edited May 2012
    Nuk. Jack is 6 months and has been holding it himself since 5 months
  • @1stWoodsBaby I didn't know either until a month ago, I went to the store to look for a different kind of sippy cup & I saw those, they're easy to clean too! I got them at Target ;)
  • She's now 11 months, but we've been using it since about 7 months. She loves it. She won't do anything but throw a sippy cup on the floor, but will devour juice/water/cow milk through a straw.
  • We use the nuby ones and there is another one but she will only use one that has a straw.
  • edited May 2012
    Savanah uses nuk and nuby
  • When we were getting my oldest daughter trained with the sippy cup I always used the plastic take and toss ones.. They don't really have to suck very hard on them for the water to come out and they can't really chew on them and make a mess. And after she figured out those she could use any kind.