can someone help

edited May 2012 in Health
Ok so I just took my daughters temperature under her arm cause she is really hot and it was 100.1 is that really bad.... Should I take her to the hospital...I'm worried

Comments

• That's a very low grade temp. Is she teething?
  • 100.1 isn't a fever, anything over 100.4 is considered a fever and even then it is low grade. How old is she?
  • Have you tried rectal temperature? That is supposed to be more accurate
    If it is that high try putting a wet rag over her forehead and one on her back. If it doesn't go down you should take her in
  • Oh ok thanks she is 7 months she has been teething forever but no teeth came threw yet. And I'm kinda nervous taking it rectally cause she is sleep and I don't want to hurt her. @Fate, @Mom2ING, @LilSugarsMomma
  • @LolasBabyNum1 I'm putting a cold rag on her now.
  • It won't hurt her. Just make sure to put some ky jelly or vasoline on the top and stick it in just until the silver tip is gone. It won't allow you to go in too far anyways. That is the best way to take a temperature, thought.
  • No worries. Just keep doing it how you feel comfortable. I don't do rectally either. I did when my baby was an infant, but I do ear temperature now. She's 10 months. Just keep an eye on her. :)
  • @Mom2ING oh ok thank you. Where do I get the fever reducer.
    @fate will it work if I use her ear since she is only 7 months.
    @LilSugarsMomma thank you I'll try
  • If you have an ear thermometer. Don't put a regular thermometer in there. You'll poke her and cause ear damage.
  • @Fate oh I just have the regular one that comes in the health pack
  • Just keep an eye on her. Check it again when she wakes up. :)
  • @Fate oh ok thank you again
  • You're very welcome!
  • @Mom2ING oh ok I'll get some in the morning