is this true about baby #2

edited May 2012 in Second pregnancy
I heard what i hope is a rumor from my sister in law..she said she miscarried after her first child and it was bc alot of women miscarry their second baby. Is this true? I am trying for #2 and so paranoid!

Comments

• I don't think so I'm pregnant again and my daughter is 7 months......I'm 21 weeks
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • My mother gave birth to five with no miscarriages and i told her that but she said its sooo common. Really scared me! Thanks.
  • I didn't have a m/c until after my second, but I was on the depo shot when I had gotten pregnant. I ended up losing it a few days after I took the test...which made me around 6 weeks. Mine doesn't count as a natural m/c...it was caused by the Depo Prevera shit I had.
  • Omgosh!! The Depo Prevera SHOT ...sorry LOL I swear if my head wasn't attatched I'd lose my mind haha
  • Yoour chance of mc the second time around is no higher having one prior. I had a mc my first and went on to have 2 kids. I once read an article that said an average woman has 9 mc in her lifetime most of course are too early for her to know if she did or not
  • I have 4 and have never had a miscarriage :)
  • I have two boys, no miscarriages
  • My mil had 9 and no miscarriages.
  • I have 2...no miscarriages
  • I kniw u dont want to hear this but i lost my second. :(
  • Hmm, I'm not sure but I did hear that conceiving your second is 40% harder than conceiving your first. A friend of mine who is trying to get pregnant said she found that in her research.
  • I lost my second I remeber reading some where that the statics were higher after having a boy first. That was a long time ago and I don't remeber where I read it
  • Try not to think about all the things that "could" happen. Only positive energy! :)
  • What happens to one person isn't a guarentee that it'll happen to others..
  • Lol thats not good news to me, my first took almost two years! If the second is harder i am outta luck!
  • Nope! The rate of miscarriage is simply extremely high to begin with!
  • Thanks ladies! Were your second babies harder to conceive than the first?
  • Aww good luck!
  • No, all 4 of mine were in the 1st month of trying but my husband and I always say we have super eggs and sperm lol
  • I miscarried my second, 4 years after I had my son.
  • I delivered a still born girl 4 1/2 years after my first I hope thats not your case stay positive
  • edited May 2012
    It took me over a yr to get pregnant with my first. After I had my daughter it took me 2 months to conceive my son...I did hear about that "have a boy your chance of mc goes up" on a show late at night on TLC years ago. I thought that's pretty interesting
  • @kayleigh27 thats interesting my first was a boy second girl and she didnt make it :(
  • I'm sorry to hear that :( @yeseniadiaz59 ...
  • I think everyones body reacts to pregnancy differently.. so dont worry. My first did take a long time to concieve it took 4 yrs .why? I dnt knw guess god just knws when its time. I never used protection and my hubby n i went to get checked n we were both perfectly fine.. but in september of 2011 i had my baby girl and im now preggo again and it wasnt planned so i think the second was much easier lol my baby was not even 2 months when i got pregnant again. So dnt wry everything will b great :)
  • edited May 2012
    I have heard that first pregnancies usually end in a miscarriage, before the mother even knows she is pregnant. I have never heard anything about it being common to lose the second pregnancy. I don't mean to sound "heartless" so I'm sorry if this reads that way, but maybe she or someone else has convinced her that is true to help her cope or give her some kind of explanation for her loss. I have always heard second pregnancies are easier because the body knows what it needs to do but more painful because it happens sooner. I know its hard to not let these type of things get to you but try to not stress because it has been proven that stress is not good, your sil's theory has not been proven to be true.
  • I took 2 months to conceive my 1st (boy) then a month to conceive my angel baby, then 2 months to conceive my rainbow (boy). So it was true for me but Riley was no harder to conceive than Leo!