So much interesting news today! Whites make up minority of babies in U.S.

edited May 2012 in Current Events
Not a good day for the "Race Card" holders! Caucasians are now the "Minority," drugs were found in Trayvon's system and the police evidence backs up Zimmerman's story, Obama was finally outed as being born in Kenya, and now Joshua gets kicked off of American Idol? What's next???

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2011-06-23-Census-babies-minority_n.htm

WASHINGTON (AP) — For the first time, whites make up the minority of babies in the U.S., part of a sweeping race change and a growing age divide between mostly white, older Americans and predominantly minority youths that could reshape government policies.

Preliminary census estimates also show the share of African-American households headed by women — mostly single mothers — now exceeds African-American households with married couples, a sign of declining U.S. marriages overall but also of continuing challenges for black youths without involved fathers.
The findings, based on the latest government data, offer a preview of final 2010 census results being released this summer that provide detailed breakdowns by age, race and householder relationships.
Demographers say the numbers provide the clearest confirmation yet of a changing social order, one in which racial and ethnic minorities will become the U.S. majority by midcentury.

"The U.S. Census Bureau reports that 50.4 percent of children born in a 12-month period that ended July 2011 were Hispanic, black, Asian-American or from other minorities groups, while non-Hispanic whites accounted for 49.6 percent of all births in that span. In 2010, minority babies accounted for 49.5 percent of all births."

Comments

• LOL. I was wondering who was going to bring all this up as I was watching the news today....somehow you popped into my head. It is all very interesting!
  • @kyliemommie, I pondered posting it. But you know me, nothing is off limits!

...now. Just imagine all the news that the biased media DOESN'T report. :-?
  • Hey do you have a link for the Kenya story?
  • Also Donna summers died today ...the dancing queen will be missed.
  • Photobucket

From Obama's own brochure prior to the Presidency.
    "Breitbart News has obtained a promotional booklet produced in 1991 by Barack Obama’s then-literary agency, Acton & Dystel, which touts Obama as “born in Kenya and raised in Indonesia and Hawaii.”
    The booklet, which was distributed to “business colleagues” in the publishing industry, includes a brief biography of Obama among the biographies of eighty-nine other authors represented by Acton & Dystel.
    It also promotes Obama’s anticipated first book, Journeys in Black and White–which Obama abandoned, later publishing Dreams from My Father instead."

"So we are supposed to believe that Barack Obama went around telling people he was born in Kenya years ago, but he was lying then? And after the mountain of proof that Sheriff Joe Arpaio has assembled that the Hawaiian Birth Certificate is a forgery?
    I am scratching my head now. The left would never release evidence which implicates a President of The United States in a criminal conspiracy to hide the location of his birth, and then say never mind we don’t believe our evidence anyway. The left, in contrast, would be calling for the President’s resignation.
    It is a felony to place a forged document, the Hawaiian birth certificate on a government website. We aren’t talking about something done years ago, we are talking about a felony committed last year in the White House.
    It reminded me of an argument between Joseph Farah (a man I admire for his integrity) and Andrew Breitbart back in 2008 that was covered only briefly in the Washington Independent."
    http://www.westernjournalism.com/obama-literary-agent-obama-born-in-kenya/

...but it was a "fact checking error". I don't know...it's a pretty HUGE fact to overlook.

"The text editor of the 1991 literary agency booklet that described Barack Obama as “born in Kenya” said Thursday the line in question was “nothing more than a fact checking error.”

Miriam Goderich issued a statement to the Political Wire saying the future president never suggested “in any way that he was born in Kenya and not Hawaii”:

“You’re undoubtedly aware of the brouhaha stirred up by Breitbart about the erroneous statement in a client list Acton & Dystel published in 1991 (for circulation within the publishing industry only) that Barack Obama was born in Kenya. This was nothing more than a fact checking error by me — an agency assistant at the time. There was never any information given to us by Obama in any of his correspondence or other communications suggesting in any way that he was born in Kenya and not Hawaii. I hope you can communicate to your readers that this was a simple mistake and nothing more.”

Kind of like that "mistake" when Obama said, "...my Muslim faith" and the reporter said, "you mean your CHRISTIAN faith??" Hmm, I sure know I've never misquoted my own faith.

ME: Hey Amy! How are you today? Go to church lately?
    Amy: Why, yes! I love church!
    ME: Back when I was a Buddhist...wait, wait. I was never a Buddhist! ::slaps head:: How could I forget?

Come on, now.

@ashley_smashley
  • Agreed! @captivated things that make you go hmm? :-?
  • It's super rediculous! Apparently they think this country is easily manipulated...oh wait the majority are...(baaaaa baaa)
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited May 2012
    ^^^ lol 8-X
  • What annoys me is how he has used this "President of Harvard Law Review" as an accomplishment. What a lot of people are unaware of is that in order to gain that title, you have to be voted in based upon your published literature. Obama published and wrote NOTHING. He was totally ineligible for this and unqualified, but yet, somehow he became the President of the law review. Smh.

Forgive me, but I think we only gain bragging rights on things that we actually work hard to accomplish. Not something that you paid for.
  • It has been quite obvious and known since the dawn of time that the government doesn't look to kindly upon anyone different then them rather the difference being race, birth place or choice of religon. I think now that the American population voted Obama as president the people in the government just can't stand seeing the factor of someone that's different then them being a leader and successful. JMO there's also a good number of activists that were assasinated simply because of race....and the fact that they wernt American government minded... (Malcolm X and Martin Luther King are ones that came off the top of my head now) also if some of you can remember even Obama had a assaination attempt on him in the biginning of his term....

On that Donna Summers thing I didn't hear that she died I need to check that one out :)

Sorry to be so blunt but just speaking from what's on my mind and from what I notice going on around me.. :D
  • I only know of two presidents that were assasinated that were Caucasian, I may have to do research on that one. :) But its not always race it also happens to people who dont have the same views as the government and choose to voice it in public ways. Like I said JMO! @kristaf22
  • @bexiewexie Its true, also if he wasnt a born citizen he wouldnt have became president OBVIOUSLY :) unless they mean pure American citizen and not American known lands like Hawaii and Alaska.

I know how anal the government is about citizen to non citizen people. Im sure they 100% wouldnt allow a Kenyan as a American president which goes against their own rules lol...
  • Give me a break! Lol
  • Lol :D I think we all wish we could have breaks about now lol @ashley_smashley
  • @bexiewexie,

They have to be a Natural Born Citizen.

There are many arguments regarding his parent's citizenships at the time he was born. I won't go into it because it launches an entirely new debate.
    ;;)
  • @bexiewexie @ashley_smashley

This is a good video consisting of pure FACTS

• GOD DAMN!

One of my fav videos lately. Very motivational man.
  • @captivated im sure it shows up on the pc .......computer
  • edited May 2012
    Yeah, I posted it from the PC @aishamusa
  • Post the link instead..
  • Ohh strange
  • I did. It turned the link into the video?
  • h ttp://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=PMp6VCmKYH0
  • The GOD DAMN video ^