really need advice, im so mad right now!

So I've been babysitting my niece now for about a month. She's two and a half and seems to have a lot of anger issues from being bounced around since she was a baby. Her parents always work and dump her off with someone else when they are home so they can have time to themselves. They pay me not a whole lot per week and I watch her one day and she stays at our house for two days straight another time every week. Anyways, she is always giving us attitude, rolling her eyes, glaring, she won't say goodnight or look at you at bedtime. My son was completely potty trained before this and since she's been around he stopped going in the toilet. I found out today she told him shed give him stickers if he wet his bed and pee his pants! She always sneaks toys out of our house and throws violent fits when you try to give her a bath. My question is, would you keep watching her because she's your niece? I feel like this is bad for my kids but how do I tell my sil without causing huge problems?

Comments

• Imo, you have to do what's best for your family (hubby & YOUR kids)
  • Same issue with my nephew. He throws himself on anything- concrete, doors, cars- when he doesn't get his way. Which is a lot. The minute he decided to hit my twins, it was over. We will NOT watch him. Niece or not, she is upsetting you and your family!
  • Stop watching her immediately. Atleast that's what I would do.
  • @close18 @MrsStanley_x2 @Eeyore that's how I feel too...what would/did you say to sil to preserve family peace?
  • Wow that's crazy behavior for a 2 1/2 year old!! I can't believe she bribed your son like that!! I'd just be honest with your sil and tell her you can't put your own family in jeopardy.
  • We have issues with our sil, but we simply told her that her son wasn't handling play time well and acts out when punished. We pretty much softened the truth. Though I wanted to say "hey, your kid is a frickin' demon. Discipline- try it!".... buuut I put it gently.
  • I would just tell her what's happening and unless the child is disciplined or changes her attitude your done if she don't like that it's her problem not yours.
  • Yes, you WILL get child support. The only way to get it is to file through court. A judge will then order it garnished from his checks. It is not expensive at all and you don't need a lawyer.

Also, I know some states have government assistance for single mothers who are in your situation.

Bottom line is that he is legally obligated to support that child. Disability or not.
  • Ahh why did this post here!
  • IMO... Ur in a crappy situation. :( i wouldnt want my kids to c that behavior however she sounds like she needs some serious love. Someone to be firm yet very loving.
  • I would watch her still, and hug and kiss her anyways when she goes to bed. LOL. Hold her down, and plant smooches allllllllll over her face. Then get her blanket, and say "THIS is how much I LOVE YOU!!!!", and wrap her in the blanket (burrito style) and squeeeeeeeze. Then.....story time with all of the kids! Maybe she'll see how much fun love is!
  • Thanks for your thoughts ladies! @starrxoxo9 I know, I'm so shocked by this! Two and a half is not old enough to be this devious!
    @MrsStanley_x2 lmao that's kinda what I feel like saying. I love my niece but this is out of control
    @mommyof3girls @fate I know that's what she needs and that's why I feel sick about this all....I think I need to put my kids first but I don't want her to be watched by some stranger who will probably be a lot less patient. She needs her aunt and uncle if her parents don't give her the attention she needs :(
  • Your dedication should be focused on "your kids"...

Have you ever heard of the saying... "one bad Apple spoils the bunch"