what was a great investment what was a bad

edited May 2012 in Babies
Investment for your lo? For me my son jumproo and bouncer was great investment. Worst was crib and snail looking toy. Just thought i would help some ftm.

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Cradle swing and jumperoo and bouncer were great
  • Walker, by the time she could reach the floor (on the lowest settling), she already was walking. 4+ mos my butt!
  • I wish I had the cradle swing. But i had to have a crib instead lol. @lilliansmom

@mama_kat i still use my bath tub from time to time. He is about to out grow it. What the next step up he is almost 7months. We usually either bathe in the sink,tub or with me.

@fate i agree i hardly use my walker. I actually left it at my dads when we moved out. Since my daddy has wood floors
  • I put mine in storage. Just in case my boy is tall enough to use it. Lol. Its the Winnie the Pooh one. Also, newborn shoes. Good for pics, but that's it. They never keep them on. I have wasted so much money on shoes that she doesn't need or care to wear.
  • Her crib and her swing. She hated both.
    Best was her jumper, thank goodness for that she has a ball in that thing & gets her tired
  • Crib..he's never slept in it and he's 10 months. Shoes..his feet are too big, and can't find any soft sole shoes in size 4-5.
  • Swing ,changing table, bounce seat were great.crib an waste of money
  • Best investment = Beco Butterfly 2 and Mei Tai carriers

Worst = baby swing and the new car seat we got. Hate it. I do not recomend the Safety 1rst Complete Air 65 or what ever that stupid seat is called. Wish I had gone with another seat. Oh well.
  • Im so suprised how many people hate that they got cribs I love my crib Lily sleeps in it every night in her own room for at least 10 hours straight! I guess every baby is different but the crib was definitely a great investment for me...we only use the swing for naps and we are starting to take the swing away one nap at a time so she only uses the crib to sleep.
  • The pack and play so far has been my worst investment we used it for a month while she slept in our room and then we packed it away and have not had a need for it since could of just used the crib from the beginning
  • edited May 2012
    I agree the pack n play wasnt worth the money. Best things have been the crib and jumperoo! And swing was great in the beginning, he slept in it for the first month. He grew out of it quickly tho.
  • Worst... diaper warmer. All it does is dry them out! Best... Jumperoo!
  • Best: moby wrap, snap n go, car seat, baby tub.

Worst: pack n play.. it literally sits at gmas. And bibs, we don't use them.
  • Soo far no bad investments. I learned from my first. No baby bath tub. No crib. Small diaper bag.
  • She used the swing for 6months. She loved/loves it but we've taken it away because she falls asleep too easily in it, tired or not. But it was a great investment.
  • Best- jumparoo, crib, and pack and play (I travel alot)

Worst- baby bath tub I used it like 15x's, and bassinet (it was given to me tho..)
  • And her space saver highchair love it!
  • Oh also I didn't use my heavy ass (by itself) diaper bag. A backpack is much easier for me here in the city anyway.
  • Best cradle swing i put that in the kitchen so i could cook. Saucer, jumper, walker, bouncer, pack and play. Worst bath tub and crib.
  • Best exersaucer, crib

Worst. Activity mat, cried everytime she was on it, and swing, only used it for two months then she got so big it stopped swinging
  • @RileyAndMe yeah. When i switched the batteries it would work for maybe 2 days. Then I would have to switch them out. It got expensive so I just started laying her on the floor on a blanket which she loves cause she can spread out
  • Everything is good except for the bottle warmer it takes forever to warm bottles so I use the stove!!!
  • The cradle swing was by far the best investment for both my babies. Was expensive but soo worth it :)
  • edited May 2012
    Best: co sleeper crib thingy,Bjorn baby carrier,swing,pacifiers

Worst:wipe warmer(didn't make a difference),hand mitts(lost every one of them,changing table(how often are you REALLY near the thing when you need to change a diaper)but that was given to us so I didn't waste money, ans the stroller that came with the carseat..damn thing is WAY too big!

Oh and my dad bought our daughter that snail toy thing! That thing was freaking annoying! But our daughter liked it for about 2 months until she got tired of looking at her reflection
  • Best: crib, cradle swing, bassinet, medela pump
    Worst: pack n play, diaper bags (never use them), shoes, bibs
  • Nothing really.. since we didn't buy any of her stuff..just her car seat.. and I like it..
    and I actually use everything, she likes it all!