anyone elses lo still need to be swaddled? **update at top

edited May 2012 in Babies
My lo is 7.5 months and still needs to be swaddled at night otherwise she wakes 10 or 20 mins after I put her down

UPDATE
so last night I told hubby I want to try to train her to sleep out of the wrap. I go to put her to bed and wrapped her up (bedtime routine) tried to put her to sleep but she was so restless and squirmy so I decided to try unwrapping her. as soon as I did she settled down and fell asleep! lol it was so funny I told hubby she must have heard what I said. she ended up sleeping all night :)

Comments

• What is the point of swaddling? Sorry im a first time mom.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Oh wow, she's unique. Most kids grow out of it by 6 weeks. Must be a security/comfort for her now. I'm curious, what state do you find her in the morning?
  • I never swaddled my son. he was swaddled for maybe the first two weeks. But i do have to lay down with him at night. And either rub his head or back. Sometimes pat his bottom. He is spoiled rotten
  • I stopped swaddling Jack when he started rolling. i was nervous he'd get himself tangled up. it waa rough the first few nights then he was ok
  • Awwwww. I wanna swaddle my 10 month old, but she no likey blankets.
  • @Mijita we have a wombie it zips up around her so she is in the same position in the morning. she hasn't tried to roll at all
  • Its like a sleeper with no arms and legs
  • edited May 2012
    @Sands3 maybe I'll try without this weekend hubby don't work and my son doesn't have school
  • I only swaddled for like the first 2 weeks but she never liked it she wanted her arms to be free
  • My bf didn't let he swaddle Naliyah cause his mom told him that swaddling can mess up her arms and hands and she wouldn't be about to use them lol
  • I only swaddled for like the first month. She just started busting out of it so I gave up lol. Lmao I'm SO tempted to try it now. She'd probably throw a fit lol!! She's a crazy sleeper though, she's all over her crib at night.
  • @2ndbutfirst your ped said that its ok til 9 months? I always wonder if its ok I know my son was until about 6 months he kept busting out but I never had this wrap with him.
  • Mines 4.5 mo and is still swaddled but breaks out of it in her sleep
  • Mine was only swaddled the 2 days we were at the Hospital...I just pull him up next to me and snuggle him in my arm, but he's growing out of that nownow.
  • Evies 6 months and still swaddled. I dont do it tight anymore n she always gets her arms out. She doesnt roll over though.