What the hell does a miscarriage feel like?

edited May 2012 in Pregnant
I'm in so much pain! Thought I was starting my period, but by God this is like Labor and nothing is making it better! Pain has moved from just my abdomen into my hooha with lots of pressure....I don't know how much more I can take!

Comments

• Just like labor... I saw you write that on cool beans.. you're still in pain?
    For me it hurt, cause delivering a baby:/ so its like labor and chunks of blood
  • Yes, still in lots of pain! I took a percocet like four hours ago and a natural muscle relaxer about three hours ago. Tried a hot bath, the elliptical machine cuz exercise is suppose to help with cramps, and have the hearing pad on my abdomen and down there.... This hurts soooo much! But if this is a miscarriage I could only be a couple weeks along.... I had a miscarriage 6 years ago but it was a missed one so I had no pain till after d&c. I just don't want to over react. But in so much pain right now.
  • But zero bleeding so far.... So period or not that is weird!
  • Could be an ovarian cyst that ruptured
  • @eeyore I've had that before, I don't *think* that's what it is, but it was over 6 years ago so I don't remember exactly what it felt like. Ugh
  • Okay sorry that was my only guess...either way I hope u find some relief
  • It's okay, @eeyore, I really appreciate your input! If it keeps up I'm just gonna go to the er. I'm so tired I keep starting to fall asleep and then the pain hits again!
  • Hope u feel better update c wat the dr. tells u
  • edited May 2012
    Seriously the worst pain. Ive gone through. That was the only time in my life that ive ever been a true 10/10 pain level. But that sounds like a cyst rupture to me..my SIL said that's how she felt when she was passing a stone..but she had bleeding with that
  • Are you seeing any chunks of blood or any blood at all?? You can always call a doctor to be sure if everythings ok.
  • No blood but just had (tmi) diaherria (sp?) still in pain but maybe food poisoning? God I hope so! Though I really didn't eat anything that should have given me food poisoning but that is a lot less serious than everything suggested! Lol it's been over ten years since I've had food poisoning this painful, last time it landed me on the hospital though. Ugh, I just want to fall asleep. I'll update if anything changes, thanks ladies. Input truly appreciated.
  • Well from what I hear mc's include blood also clumps of blood not severe pain alone. That could mean anything.
  • Yeah I think it's food poisoning. Don't know what the hell from but yeah. Not in screaming pain anymore but still in pain. If it doesn't get better in a few hours and I can find someone to watch my kid I'll go to the er. Ugh just want it to stop and get some sleep. :'(
  • This pain has definitely been comparable to Labor! That's for damn sure! But no bleeding, the fact that I'm not bleeding was the only thing stopping me from calling 911 last night.
  • @mom2ing right now the pain is no where near what it was a few hours ago. No vomiting, just diarrhea. My kid is still asleep, no one to watch him right now. I'm hoping since it's not as intense that it's slowly going away. I'm not by any means trying to contradict you, I think you're a nurse? So you would definitely know more than me!!! Lol but when I was 16 I has horrible food poisoning, I couldn't even talk, had to be taken to the hospital by ambulance and wasn't throwing up. That was from taco bell, took me years to eat there again lol
  • I've had food poisoning a few times and I never threw up either, only diarrhea. I've also had a miscarriage before my first child, I didn't even know I was pregnant. I had server cramps and the bleeding didn't start till hours later. it could be either of the two. I hope you start to feel better!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Don't have an ob, moved to Alaska recently. And as far as I know I'm not pregnant. If I was it could only possibly be a couple weeks. But as time is passing I don't think that's what it is anymore. But still may be going to the er today.
  • We had Japanese on Friday and was totally fine and then yesterday I ate my left over steak, but that was pretty much it (I forget to eat a lot) but I would think if the meat was gold make me sick it would have the first night I ate it. But that is literally the only thing I ate yesterday besides toast to take meds.

• gonna not gold
  • I agree, it should have made you sick Friday
  • How's the pain now? Same, better, worse?
  • @homebirthadvocate is right, but I assumed this wasn't the case. I'm extra cautious about this though, I've only had food poisoning from dining out.
  • Food poisoning does not set in until 24-48 hours after you have eaten the "bad" food. :0&
  • @captivated that's not always true, it can take that long. However, it can make you sick after an hour or so. The latter has always been the case for me.
  • @summergirl22, my bad. You are right. There is a very, very slim minority of cases that can happen within hours of eating it.

...I was wrong. DUN DUN DUNNNNN ;)
  • edited May 2012
    How soon after eating contaminated food do symptoms occur?

There are many forms of food-related illness. Food-related illness c produce symptoms (cramps, diarrhea, vomiting, fever) from mild to serious, with illness occurring from 30 minutes to 2 weeks after eat food containing harmful bacteria.

http://www.medicinenet.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=41926