sex, then next day removed my birth control, could i get pregnant?!**UPDATE**

I asked my OBGYN this question, and should couldn't answer, because no one has ever asked her this question.

On Thursday night, me and my hubby had sex. on Friday I had an appointment at my OBGYN to take out my mirana (IUD) removed. It didn't acure to me that having sex the night before getting my birth control out could get me pregnant, because sperm last in your body for 5 days. So my question is - could I get pregant?! My OBGYN could only say, wait a few weeks and see if you get your period.

So now its Sunday and iv started to spot, but iv also had, lower back pain, mood swings (mostly bitchyness lol), headaches/tooth aches. Which are early pregnancy symptoms right? I know its only been a few days.

Does anyone have any advice??? Or should I just wait a few weeks then take a test?? Has anyone ever had the same problem??? Iv only had my IUD in for a year.

Comments

• Yes it is possible because of what you said, but the chances would be ridiculously low because the iud prevents you from ovulating. Getting it out the day after you had sex would make it unlikely that you would ovulate right away. You should have gotten plan b just to ease your mind! Lol. Anyways, I am sure you are fine.

As for your symptoms, it really wouldn't indicate pregnancy so early because it takes 3-7 days or so for the fertilized egg to actually implant aka actually being pregnant. I would wait a month and test. The spitting is probably from the iud removal. Good luck!
  • I never tracked my period to ovulation, but do u ovulate before or after ur period because last weekend I was spotting.
  • Well you wouldn't have ovulated because you said you had it removed on Friday- two days ago correct? The only possible way for you to have gotten pregnant is for you to have ovulated as soon as you had the iud removal and there was still active sperm inside you causing them to meet and fertilize.

In a normal cycle with no birth control, you ovulate about two weeks after the start of your period.
  • ): I'm actually really disappointed. My son just turned one, and I thought getting pregnant now would make the perfect age difference. Plus my hubby was just getting use to the idea. I desperately want a girl, more than anything! Ugh.

Thank you for posting tho!!! I just thought it was weird that my OBGYN couldn't answer.
  • You can ovulate while on the mirena, so in theory you could be pregnant, but the odds are slim.
  • I dont think so but why would you wanna remove the birth control that next day?? «Just Curious»
  • Like @summergirl22 said, its been known to happen and ovulate on it, but its rare. Anything is possible! But hey! There's always next month hun!
  • @aishamusa I think she is saying she had an appt to get it removed, but also had sex the night before.

@devins_mommy I would say wait a few weeks and try not to over think it. :) Good luck on conceiving your next bundle of joy!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Ohhh, I'm an idiot. It will sometimes prevent ovulation, but the basic mechanics that make it effective is that it affects the movement of sperm and prevents them from fertilizing the egg. You can actually get fertilized eggs with an IUD, it just prevents the fertilized zygote from implanting into your uterus.
  • Some OB's won't insert the IUD based upon "moral obligations" and believing life begins at conception and feel that the IUD causes "abortions" because it doesn't prevent fertilization like all other BC's. Strange.
  • I removed my birth control because I belive I was having side effects, swelling, weight gain, sleepyness, mood swings. But my OBGYN said it was unrelated. But I just didnt like the mirana. I liked not having a period, but idk.
  • I don't blame you! @devins_mommy

...unrelated my ass.
  • Side effects of Mirena. I fail to see how that's "unrelated"! Lol.
    Abdominal pain (stomach pain)
    A milky white vaginal discharge
    Headaches
    Vaginal irritation or infections (such as yeast infections)
    Back pain
    Breast pain
    Acne
    Upper respiratory infections (such as the common cold)
    Nausea
    Nervousness
    Painful menstrual periods
    Weight gain (see Mirena and Weight Gain)
    A decreased sex drive (libido)
    Sinus infections
    Ovarian cysts (in most cases, these are painless and go away on their own).
  • Devins_mommy mirena did that crap to me too. It was a nightmare.
  • Yaaa! And I read it can cause 'fake pregnancy symptoms'
  • Hey ladies!

So this evening around 7. I went to the dollar store to pick up two pregnancy test, and I took them both and they were both neg. However it'll be 12 days post birth control removal. Sooo idk how reliable how the test could be.

But I think I'm going to make a drs appointment to get a blood test.