1st birthday help!!!!

edited May 2012 in First time moms
im starting to plan my dd birthday party already!! in hawaii its always a big deal & everyone goes all out. we will have lots of ppl but want it mellow.
aanyway i need help!! any theme ideas or creative input would be greatly appreciated!! i dont want her to have a lame party!!

@myheartz3 thought id tag you since you live in hawaii :)

Comments

• I am doing the very hungry caterpillar. It has lots of fruit, that's Hawaiianish.
  • Lol girl when's her bday? U better get going! This is my third baby n I'm still nervous because these things are stressful.

This is what I'm doing... Her theme will be either candyland or safari. Idk yet. I like candyland because it would be so cute I could make the centerpieces all kinds of candy and sweets and have a candy bar...but I like animal print and hazel is always wearing animal print so i thought it be cute to have a jungle or safari party
    Lol but I rented the hall. That's the first step. Once u get the date set u can start booking things. Were making mostly Hawaiian food because my bf is Hawaiian...but I also want some Filipino food. I booked a photo person who will come and set up a background and take pics if everyone and print it there and they will be taking pics of the party for me and giving me all the pics on disc. Google kh-portraits...or u can also do a photo booth but it's more expensive lol. I am gonna have a slideshow done. I'm thinking of booking adventure balloons because they have the coolest balloon sculptures that kids love. I am still looking for clowns or magicians or entertainment tho. My bfs cowirker does dj and sounds so we might be going to him for that...I wanna do some airbrush Tats but idk it's up to my bf because it's his money lol...today I went to the new baby expo and I saw some people their so I took their cards. I also got a first birthday planning guide there but I didn't read it yet lol

Did u want an indoor night time party or an outdoor daytime party?
  • U can do Minnie mouse. Hello kitty. I wanted to do hello kitty with animal print but I can't find any party stuff and I don't have time to be creative and make my own things lol... I seen tinkerbell. Disney princesses. My neice had flinstones theme and it was cute lol

Hmm what else girl themes are there...
  • I need to hop on this post too...although we really only have the guys he works with in his shop. I told hubby to invite the entire AF guard, lol.

@myheartzx3 You're saying you can actually avoid Hello Kitty overload here? I feel like she is EVERYWHERE. lol How was the expo? I've also noticed parents renting bounce houses & characters to walk around.
  • I'm going to do Naliyah a princess Jasmine party from Aladdin...getting a bouncy thing renting the place where I had the baby shower at cause its nice and cheap and close to my house lol doing a cupcake pyramid instead of a cake
  • @misskristin lol no my sister actually bought hazel some cute hello kitty outfits from the nex and it's actually hello kitty wearing animal print tutu and bow lol so I wanted her theme to be like those hello kitty animal print but I can't find anything online.
  • @misskristin oh did u go too? It was ok. I didn't even buy baby stuff because everything was Hawaiian print or these loud prints that I don't like. Or all the hair accessories were not cute at all. Lol I left buying a bunch of snacks, and cupcakes lol the only thing I bought for hazel was baby mum mums. I did get to see party vendors tho.

Yea I can't get a bouncy since my party's indoor at night but for a day time outdoor party bouncys are good. U can get shave ice machines. Cotton candy machines. Rent games.
  • @myheartzx3 I didn't get to go, I forgot all about it. lol
  • sorry i forgot to check in! @myheartzx3 i kinda like a cupcake theme / pink & zebra print idk if thats too much lol im doing it daytime at my uncles house big tents kine. probly a jumpy house, bubble machine, a build your own cupcake bar & a treat table & a make your own goody bag table. i like the slideshow idea! duh lol
    her birthday is nov 2nd party date nov 3rd! i am so behind lol
    i think i need more entertainment but dont want to go too over the top. your babys party is gonna be off the hook lol
    & i wosh we could do hawaiian food but there is gonna be wayy too much people there
  • @newmomma13 i am doing a cupcake bar :)
  • We did Hello Kitty for my daughters birthday 2 weeks ago, it was adorable! We did a bbq with a full spread of condiments and side dishes. It was a great, yet lax and simple, shin dig.
  • Wait, the birthday is 6 months away??? Wow, you've got like 4 months to worry about it LOL.
  • I'm doing a princessTiana theme for JaMaiya's birthday since that's her middle name.
  • @lilsugarsmomma lol here in hawaii we do 1st bdays really big i know pl who spent 8 grand a kid!! we have like 150 ppl on the guest list lol so it takes a lot to plan :)) i lke hello kitty too !! i gotta shop around but im def adding that to my top choices what decorations did you have?
  • @jazzie that is cute!! i like that its part of her name :)
  • Wow, that's nuts! I didn't even spend that at my wedding LOL. Well, I'm sure whatever you decide upon, will be stupendous!
  • @moodymommie thank you I watched princess and the frog a lot while I was pregnant with her lol
  • Lol yea I say safari but it was really gonna be pink and zebra hahaha I wanted to make those card stock invitiations like the wedding kind but I have no clue on what to do.

I like cupcake theme! I went to a party where the favors were cupcakes in these little cupcake boxes :) If its daytime there's lots more entertainment to choose from. Did u see the ad for lei crystal tattoos? It looks cool but I haven't called to see how much it costs lol

The kids are gonna have so much fun at ur babies party making their own stuff. We're gonna have too much kids so I'm just handing out the goodie bags lol and my boyfriends mom makes really good Hawaiian food so she's gonna make some and then were gonna cater the rest. We just gotta buy the ingredients that she needs which is way cheaper... I need ideas too. If I made it candyland what do u think I could do?
  • @lilsugarsmamma i will NOT be spending that much lol i am more of a low key person she will probly have more ppl there then my wedding will have but only the best for my baby :) i also have loads of family to help me make stuff instead of buying stuff :)
  • @myheartzx3 i love pink zebra things lol <3 i never heard of lei cristal tattos this weekend my bfs mom is taking baby to auluni so ill have time to look online.
    we are gonna make some food too my bf does commertial fishing so they are make the loads of poke in our secret sauce ;) & im making all the cupcakes & treats myself to save money :)
    candy land is soo cute my friend had coloring books made with cute candy people, candy bar, you could have bright colors ill have to ask her for her ideas :) & you coulddefinatly go off on decorating the hall no pesky wind to worry about
    do you go on pintetest?
  • @nameless i love the fruit pizza idea i gotta search that website more when i have time