tylenol

edited May 2012 in Babies
This may come off more as a vent but also a question...anyways, so last night we were up 3x with our lo the last time she got up, I gave up and took her out of her crib, put orajel on where she is getting teeth and took her out to the living room to rock her until she fell asleep. So this morning I tell hubby that I don't want to go through that again tonight so I suggested we call the doc to get the correct dosage of meds so we aren't up like that again. He said maybe? I said its not like she can tell us it hurts or not and with none of us getting sleep its only going to make things worse. She is almost 7 months old and has yet to have any meds like tylenol for this reason cause we can't agree. Sorry so long just tired and irritable. My question is when did you start giving meds to your lo?

Comments

• http://www.allaboutkidspediatrics.com/parents/dosage.html
    My lo had tylenol at 2 mos prior to vaccines per dr recomedations, also since ur lo is 7 mos old she can have ibuprofen now, my thougts for my lo is that if she is in pain then I give her med instead of her hurting, just like myself. Above is a dosage link that may help u. Good luck with hubby!! :)
  • My lo is teething as well..he's 6 months. i end up rocking him back to sleep at night too cuz i know he's not just waking up, he's hurting. i did give him some meds the other day. it didn't seem to help him to much tho :( good luck and i hope y'all can come to an agreement on this...it can be stressful to deal with. my furst never had teething issues, never knew anything until a tooth was there...this one is so different.
  • She's definitely old enough for Tylenol. The dosing goes by weight so ask her Dr. You can also try the Hylands teething tablets. I give Tessa those during the day, and only give her one dose of Tylenol before bed (so I don't feel like I'm loading her up with it all day, she's more calm during the day anyway). Her top two teeth are cutting and its been hell lol.
  • How much does she weigh
  • @starrxoxo9 I do the same...but instead of Tylenol I use ibuprofen. Plus I give him a slightly higher does of hylands before bed bc the camomile in it will help with sleep.
  • @ashley_smashley at what age is ibuprofen ok?? Tessa is 9 months. Is ibuprofen better than Tylenol, or just more effective? And what brand do you use?
  • She can have pediacare from 0-36 months.. also ibuprophen like advil at 7 months is fine. They say dont give ibuprophen until 6 months of age so your good. Call a pharmacy and they can give you proper dosing to baby's age and weight. Dont let the baby suffer give her medicine it will make her feel alot better...
  • @starrxoxo9 i know you didnt ask me but it 6 months of age.
  • @starrxoxo9 I use the CVS brand dye free ibuprofen oral liquid. It goes by weight and starts at 12lbs. I can't remember who suggested it to me on here but it def works better for his teething then Tylenol.
  • edited May 2012
    Also they have teething drops there called camilla teething drops and there is no risk of over medicating or anything like that it all natural and puts baby to sleep and takes down the swelling.. also i reccomend oragel (like you said) and teething tablets.
  • Oragel can be dangerous bc it numbs not just their guns but lips, tongue and throat. Also a study has shown that it hardens their gums and actually makes it harder to push thru
  • I use the teething tablets my baby was hurting so bad one night I gave her the max dose which was only 3 tablets under the tongue an it helped tons an made her sleep well so she didn't wake up hurting in the middle of the nite or Anythang
  • Yep the teething tablets and amber necklace have been my life saver! ^^^
  • My humphreys have belladonna...are you sure @bettymomma?
  • Oo gotcha! I was wondering! Ya I agree they are amazing and I don't worry at all about the belladonna.
  • @bettymomma thanks!..you may not want to borrow him right now lol he's teething and slightly grumpy
  • Your LO is super cute to! We need to get them together! Lol
  • Lol nice! Ollie hates...HATES anything cold in his mouth. His life would be so much better if he would allow cold things on his gums!
  • I couldn't imagine if Ollie cut 4 at once! I would have probably shot myself! Lol
  • Thank you @0811
    @sands3 Yea she did much better last night so maybe it wasn't her teeth and just a bad night? Idk went wrong.
    @starrxoxo9 I never thought to use the tablets I will def have to get some.
    @newmomma13 well that last time she was weighed she was 4 months and 13lbs exactly, but I know she def weighs more than that now. We don't go back to the docs till next week.
    @ashley_smashley good to know. I also heard that about orajel but her teeth are right there so I'm not worried about them coming through.
    @mommylovessparkle ok. There are so many diff kinds of meds to keep up with.
    @mrz_jackson I will def be looking into those tablets.
    @bettymomma ok i will look into them