HELP!! Summer ideas for kids!!

edited May 2012 in Parenting
Okay ladies I need MAJOR HELP.. My 7 and 9 year old are home for the summer and I'm a SAHM so yes I'm stuck entertaining. I just bought a home so my funds are limited. Do you have any really cool ideas to spend our time during the summer?

I'm very crafty so art projects are also welcomed!!

Comments

• PINTEREST!!! I'm telling you, all the answers you need for summer fun with the littles is on there lolol. All kinds of arts and crafts projects, science projects, snacks, meals, the works!!
  • edited May 2012
    Park. Where i live at they have a park that has a merry go round and train ride for 50cent. Also do u have a. Theme park near by like. carowinds? U could get season passes. I live about 45mins from one,
    Zoo ,
    theme summer parties/get together
    State park trip
    water fight
    Pranks for you and your partner
    Campingday trip to nwarest getaway
    for example:
    I live about 41/2 hours from the beach which is a day trip abd hour or so from the mountains lol.
    Karaoke night with family.
  • edited May 2012
    @baileygoose ... OMG what a cute site.
  • @lilsugarsmomma... I'm already signed up I need to log on and look
  • Yes, there are so many wonderful ideas I've seen on there. I hope you find some awesome ones, I'm pretty sure you will considering Pinterest has everything LOL.
  • @stephforever89 ... OMG.!!! Those are all great ideas. Ive added about 4 to my calendar
  • @lilSugarsmomma ... The mommy that created the site goes by "Sugar Momma" ... Would that just happen to be you? LOL ;-)
  • I wish!! I'd be rich! LOL
  • One thing I absolutely love doing with my kids these days is a picnic in the yard. We make lunch and snacks, setup a blanket, and enjoy our meals in the sun and shade. Throw in some running through a sprinkler, homemade popsicles, and squirt gun tag, and you've got an entire day of fun for little cash!
  • I jus bought my kids a water slide an a sprinkler cost me 20 bucks for both of them at the dollar store lol an worth every penny !
  • Picnics at your local park. Our parks here have water parks, and it's cheap to get in.

Maybe you can have a mommy and me cooking day?
  • @leggs2011 .. I've always wanted to know.how they blow out eggs. My friends family fill them with confetti, paint and break them at bday parties.
  • edited May 2012
    @ericak22 I'm a black Rachel Ray so I've pretty much have done all cooking projects... But I love the picnic idea.
  • @mrz_jackson .. slip and slide is a great idea
  • Damn! Wish I was a Rachael Ray! I know how to cook hb meat & chicken! I'm not creative in that department.
  • @caroline8_p ... LOL my 8 year old wrote an essay in class titled... Rachel Ray Can't Compete with My Mom... LOL

It talked about how I can make all these dishes, deserts and things.. how Rachel cooks in 20 mins but my mom cooks even faster (during the week) and she also helps us with Homework, watches TV, texts, feeds the baby and makes my step dads lunch for the next day... All while cooking. LOL.

Just had to share that.. it makes me laugh.
    But yeah I took home economics all 4 years of high school and also while majoring in accounting in college I took additional classes in Cullinary as a minor

I wouldn't say I'd be able to compete on Top Chef but I can throw down in my own kitchen. LOL
  • Yeah I haven't really looked at anything else on that sight but found that on pinterest and thought it looked like something fun and different!
  • Which 4 did u choose lol. Im wanting to go to carowinds only because at work we have 10 dollar off tickets.
  • @stephforever89 ....

pranks
    Theme Parties
    Kareoke
    Water fight
    Zoo

@2ndbutfirst .. what's Disney Jr