ummm formula help please...

edited May 2012 in Babies
So I suppliment with formula and this morning I made LO a 4oz bottle that he didnt even touch. We put it in the fridge 10min after making it. So I just warmed it up checked it on my wrist, and fed him. He downed it quick and went to bed. Well when I went downstairs to wash it and took the lid off it smelt horrible.. Now Im kinda worried about it. Is it going to make him sick? What do I look for? Why did it go bad so quick?

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • agreed, formula just stinks-it didn't go bad
  • @mama_kat I know but this was rotten milk smell not the normal formula smell... kinda the smell when baby spits it up a while after drinking it...
  • Its fine for 24 hrs in the fridge. Once it gets warmed up, cools and sits fora little in a closed bottle it smells! But your lo is fine! Justmake sure not to save any bottles whichhe startex drinking cause of his saliva and bacteria can quickly multiple due to the sugar in formula
  • Hmmm...well I've noticed that after it's been warmed or sitting out even just to room temperature that it smells a lot worse? I don't know but I really don't think you need to worry. I would just watch for tummy troubles, spit up, etc. It really doesn't sound like you did anything wrong so I don't know how it could have gone bad.
  • @babyhope7 and @baileygoose OK thanks!! It just caught me off guard. My daughter was ff so I have experience with bottles so it was a bit of a 'what the he!!' Moment!!! Lol
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.