castor oil!!??

edited May 2012 in Pregnant
So i went to see my doctor today and im 3cm dialated and haveing contractions every 5-6mins! But he said he will not induce me for another 10 days and he wont give me anything for pain. Sooo i ama going to take castor oil instead. Anybody with any ideas in how much or anything eles to do?

Comments

• I took 3 ounces two hours apart. I was 3-4cm and 100% effaced and it did *zilch* for me. I was in prodromal labor as well. Worth a shot! Just hope you don't go into labor before all the laxative effects wear off- or it will be a messy birth! :0&
  • I suggest mixing it with orange juice and downing it. Drink something like soda afterwards to get the grimey, oily taste out of your mouth.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I know its a silly question but do YouTube have to use a pump to do the stimulation? @HomeBirthAdvocate
  • I have going to the bathroom everyday so im hopeing there isnt to much to get out lol @captivated
  • I've heard nothing good about castor oil. Everyone I know who tried it, it didn't work. Just made them sick.
  • Don't take it! I tried it, horrible...and no positive effect.
  • What helped me (within hours) was the birthing ball. May have been coincidence, but I'm convinced it helped him move further into my pelvis, putting pressure on my cervix and threw me into active labor.
  • I agree with pp I took castor oil I just chugged 2 oz then 2 more 3 hrs later straight yucky! Anyway walk and birthing ball that's what kept my contractions going
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Made me sicker than a dog but I still had to be induced much later.