Ouch!

edited May 2012 in Breastfeeding
Daya has gotten her first tooth and it hurts! She has a mean bite. She is given formula while im in school and breastfeed for the rest of day. she hasn't made me bleed but I think another tooth might come out and maybe thats wats making her bite me so much. I feel like not breastfeeding her cuz im now literally scared everytime she get hungry. I dont lile being scared I dont like getting bit but I dont wana feel like im not giving her my best if I stop.

Comments

• I'm not sure what the solution is, sorry boo!!
    Here's a bump for you, hope someone can help!!
  • Have you tried stopping feeding her and saying no? She won't like you stopping so hopefully she would get used to not doing it
  • edited May 2012
    Naliyah bit me the other day and I swear my nipple was hurting forever lol...I've been thinking if starting to just pump and give it in a bottle but then I don't want to have to wean her off the bottle...just give her a stern no and put the boobie away and give her a teething toy for a little kind of like a boobie timeout
  • Put a dab a vanilla extract before boob time.

I use that for Malia's teething when it does bother her (not much). I don't know why I haven't thought of this advice for myself yet, lol. She has bitten me twice. Now I don't nurse her to bed anymore, since that's when she is the most restless. I miss it, but enjoy the break. Daddy does bedtime now.

I just kept rambling, sorry. Lol